Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 LTE - Gpay doesn't work

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 11:27 AM)
sempron79
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I have a similar problem with Gpay on Samsung Watch 4 LTE edition. The watch is paired with a Samsung S21 phone, running on Android 12 with One UI 4.0.

I successfully installed the Gpay application on both, watch and phone, Gpay is OK on the phone (I made several payments with Gpay on the phone at different merchants), but on the watch, each time when I try to open Gpay application, watch displays the message "Set Google Pay as your default to make contactless payments", and it redirects me to NFC-->Payment and there, only Samsung Pay application is available, there's no Gpay application, so I cannot select it as the default application.
This scenario happens each time when I try to open Gpay application on the Watch 4 LTE, the cards that have been incorporated on Gpay on the Samsung S21 phone are not visible on the Watch 4, so I cannot use the watch to make payments (I tried to pay with the watch at different stores, but nothing happens, as I expected).

Please note that I installed Gpay application via Play Store on the watch, but I also installed it by triggering the installation process from the phone, still the same issue.

More than that, I followed some suggestions from XDA developers forum and using ADB debugging I disabled Samsung Pay app on the watch and reinstalled Gpay from the scratch. Now, each time when I open Gpay, I got the same message to make it as default payment application and there, Samsung Pay app is not available anymore, but neither Gpay (under the Payment menu, Watch says "no payment application installed"). There area also other suggestions available on the XDA forum, but I'm afraid to not brick the watch.

It's quite a shame that Gpay application doesn't work on Samsung ecosystem (Watch 4 LTE + Samsung S21) and Samsung ignores this, they don't send an update or something to fix this software bug that is happening for more than 2-3 months.

My watch info is:

- model: SM-R875F

- CSC: R875FOXA1DUJA

15 REPLIES 15
boomer1357
First Poster
Options

Hi sempron79,

I am having the exact same issue  using a Galaxy Watch4 with a S20 mobile. I am located in Austria. Have you received any update from the support guys?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Members_6SDQ5Gm
Apprentice
Options

same here (portugal)

0 Likes
Papou
Apprentice
Options

I am facing this extract problem also, I am from Greece and the watch was purchased from Germany 

0 Likes
Andre Souza
First Poster
Options

I have a solution for this. Unfortunately I'm not able to post it. 😞

0 Likes
boomer1357
First Poster
Options

Hi Andre! Why can´t you post it? Please give it a try and help all others in here ...

0 Likes
Aarx
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 LTE (SM-R895F) bought in Greece with software version R895FXXU1FVC8 and the latest updates available installed.

I had the same problem as with many with the Google Pay app on the watch, i.e. there was no option for setting GPay as default for NFC payments. The only option available on the watch was Samsung Pay which anyway is not available in Greece yet.

I have tried most of the suggested solutions presented in this and other forums (resetting, uninstalling-reinstalling GPay on the watch, use of VPN, etc.) but without any result.

After having almost given up, I thought of setting the GPay app as default on my mobile (Galaxy S21 - connected to the watch). By that time I had another wallet app as default for NFC payments on the mobile and NOT GPay.

While setting the GPay app as default on the mobile, magically, the option to set GPay app as default on the watch appeared. I finally selected GPay as the default NFC payment app on the watch and now Gpay is working as it should  - I already have added a credit card on the watch and used it to pay with success.

I hope this information may be helpful to anyone with a similar problem.

0 Likes