Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic Burning My Wrist

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 11:04 PM)
B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic. I have had it a little over a week now. My issue is it is putting a burn mark on my wrist where the sensor touches. I have my watch monitor all day to monitor my activity, heart rate, stress etc...

After a few days, my wrist started burning. (Please see the attached photos) I took the watch off for a few days and put on some coconut oil, and Epsom salt and it started to heal. What's left is a perfect circle that matches the very inner circle of the sensor.

This is very concerning to me as I wear normal watches every day and this does not happen. This seems like a laser issue with monitoring.

20210907_174553.jpg20210906_155316.jpg

After two days of not wearing the watch and putting on treatment

20210907_174752H.jpgwatch-wrist.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Ben treloar
Student
Options

this is the reply i got from Samsung AU Customer service. 

Dear Benjamin,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics Australia.

We sincerely apologise for the delayed response. We highly appreciate bringing this concern to our attention and we feel sorry to learn the skin irritation/burn that happened. We would like to make sure that we can address your concern directly and provide the resolution that you require.

To begin with, kindly disregard this email if your concern have already been resolved.

Here are some guidelines / tips that you need to consider once this is occur.

• Because of the different components that the galaxy watch consists of, skin irritation is a possibility, especially if not used as per the guidelines.
  • When you wear the Galaxy watch for a long time or while performing high-intensity exercise, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. To minimize the effects of friction and pressure on the risk, remove the galaxy watch for several hours.
  • Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
  • If you use your Galaxy watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent skin irritation.
  • If you fasten the Galaxy watch too tightly, skin irritation may occur and if you fasten it too loosely, friction may occur.
  • Skin Irritation may occur due to an allergy, environmental factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
0 Likes
Faodave
Navigator
Options

Absolute BS. There is no way that foxy is causing this. For one thing it is a perfect circle the size of the sensor, how could friction cause that unless it was spinning on your arm. That is an absolute smoke screen, pure rubbish response so as not to admit the fault and liability

0 Likes
Faodave
Navigator
Options

Sorry, friction not foxy!

0 Likes
Faodave
Navigator
Options

I also have a doctor's report stating that it is some sort of radiation and not friction

Faodave
Navigator
Options

And, why does it only happen when monitoring is set to constant???

AntonioSoares
Voyager
Options

It's that continuous "radiation" on the same spot coming from the watch.

Think of it like the sun thru a magnifing glass focused on a piece of paper for a while..... burns....

Jeni44
First Poster
Options
I have a Burn on my arm from my watch samsung galaxy watch 4 I am attaching a photo as it is now healing. This watch is way too expensive to be making issues like this. I would like someone from Samsung to contact myself about this please. IMG-20220326-WA0001_33059_1648294163.jpgIMG-20220326-WA0002_33062_1648294164.jpg
0 Likes
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

@Jeni44 If you are based in the UK, please drop @Sam_UK a DM so that myself or another moderator can collect your details and get this escalated for you to the internal team. They will be able to contact you to discuss this further! 

0 Likes
GreenMile
First Poster
Options

Yeah I have the same circle showing up where the sensor sits. I don't feel any burning at all just the mark

0 Likes
Rjones2886
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact problem woth the GWA4. I have burning on my wrist where the sensors are. I owned the GWA2 for years and had zero issues. Hopefully these sensors don't emit radiation. Samsung needs to get it together for this watch. Kind of scary.

20220406_223240.jpg