Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay watch plug in doesn't work!

(Topic created on: 05-08-2023 01:37 PM)
SinNotSinful
Pioneer
Options
I've upgraded to the fold 5 and watch 6. On my previous phone and watch, the watch worked fine for Samsung pay, though it was often difficult to get it correctly positioned against the reader. I've tried installing now and I just get errors telling me to check Bluetooth and there's no network connection. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Samsung wallet and the Samsung pay plug in, but nothing works.

Support tell me it's not currently supported, though I don't know if that's on the phone or if the watch plug in needs updating, but what a pain!
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
kechap
Student
Options

Facing the same issue. I think the new watch is just not supported yet. Clearly the released something it was not ready yet.

SinNotSinful
Pioneer
Options
I agree! Using Google pay on it is way more responsive than the watch 5, it's just a pain I can't use Samsung pay and we're unable to remap the long press to load the alternative. As such I use a watch face with a complication I can press that brings up GP.
0 Likes
kechap
Student
Options

Which face is that? That would be helpful till they fix it.

0 Likes
SinNotSinful
Pioneer
Options
It's Style IV. I like the look and there's lots of complications that can be added. There's two mid level ones with no icon, so one opens my Google Keep lists and the other opens Google Wallet.20230809_163836_1000005554_1691595519.jpg
0 Likes
OmniWisdom
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue which is identical to yours.  I guess I just have to wait out until a new version of Samsung Pay Watch pulgin App.  So far, Just have to use Z fold 5 for the Samsung Pay.

SinNotSinful
Pioneer
Options
It's a pain that one of what should be their main apps doesn't work. Can't you use Google Pay?
0 Likes
OmniWisdom
Student
Options

Yup but samsung pay is more popular among merchants around where I live.  I might switch to google pay for now.  Thanks for the advice.😄