Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health Watch App Update eats battery

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 08:35 AM)
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

The Samsung Health update this week 4.16.1600 on the Watch 3 4G is eating my battery. Overnight whilst I slept the app on its own has used 40% of the battery. Prior to the update this was not an issue. I have restarted the watch. 

Is anyone else finding this issue or solved it?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ethyst
Student
Options

Yes, the same thing happened to me as well (I have active 2), deleted the watch from bluetooth list, did a hard reset, cleaned the wear cache, uninstalled all wear applications (including samsung accessory service and watch plugin), installed wear again and reconnected the watch. I think simply resetting the watch and not installing the Samsung health update would do the trick, but I just wanted to be safe. It seems that not downloading the update has reduced the battery usage of the app from 32% percent to 10% percent. I will not update it until further notice and I suggest the same. 

TNJGB
Navigator
Options

Reset it again and did not install the latest watch app version of Samsung Health. Will see how it gets on before deciding whether to update again.

0 Likes
Ethyst
Student
Options

A quick update on the situation: The solution I have written above only worked for one day, then the problem started again. But I think I have solved it this time, and things are back to normal since then. What I did was this: In addition to above solution, I updated all apps from galaxy app, but I also updated samsung health from play store ( there is a play store update which is not included in galaxy store). I'm also fully closing the samsung health app on the phone if I'm not using it, for good measure. I try to close recent apps in the watch as well. This seems to work, and everything is good since Monday. I recommend checking the play store after updating everything from the galaxy store app. 

0 Likes