Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health snore detection not working with Watch 4 classic and Galaxy Note 10

(Topic created on: 01-09-2021 02:05 PM)
smbougie
Journeyman
Options

I just got a Watch 4 classic and almost everything works fine. It tracks my sleep and oxygen levels while sleeping, but the snore detection is not working. 

I have my phone plugged in and it is on a flat surface near my head. My watch knows I am sleeping, so why doesn't the snore detection work? I tried changing permissions, turned them all on for a couple nights even, but still it doesn't work. 

How close to my head does my phone need to be? Does it matter if it is a few inches lower than my head? Do I have to be facing it all night? Does the room need to be silent? Any suggestions on getting snore detection to work would be appreciated. Thanks!

edit: I plug in my phone and put it near my head when I sleep. I have it set to check for snoring every night. It works sometimes. One night I had tons of recordings, one night only 1, but mostly it is 0 because it doesn't work. I think it has something to do with where the phone is, how close to my head it is, because my watch/phone records my sleep just fine; if it knows I am asleep, it should be checking for snoring. 

Anyway, I am giving up on this. I know I snore and it should work and has worked, but it's unreliable. I'm just glad the oxygen levels record while sleeping, that's more important than snoring. 

59 REPLIES 59
Zarilya
Journeyman
Options

Note 20+ mine snore detection just keep turning itself off. No matter what I do or what I set it to, the following morning when I look at it, it's turned off. I turn it back on. Either in always or once. And then again it will be off the next day. 

0 Likes
sevooo123
First Poster
Options

Hello there,

Using Samsung Galaxy S10e  with Galaxy Watch 4. I am having a simular issue with snore detection. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Also it is annoying if you set feature for every night it works only when phone is charging! Maybe i don't want to leave phone charging overnight to shorten my battery lifespan to get snore detection feature. It takes only  1.5h to fast charge my phone. The rest of the night it keeps 100% which i suppose is not healthy for the battery lifespan! So i really keep forward to get snore detection for every night even if i don't need to charge my phone! From this perspective Samsung wants to kill your phone battery faster, so you can buy a new phone faster! Please Samsung fix your software. 

0 Likes
smbougie
Journeyman
Options

I agree about charging. I like to let my phone and watch get down to a low % before charging them. I could go 2 days without charging my phone, and that's with playing solitaire on it during the day. Shouldn't have to have it plugged in to monitor anything. If the phone runs out of power, that's fine. I will charge it when I wake up. Plus, I can't imagine it takes that much power to record snoring, even if it is a few times an hour (30 secs each recording I think). 

0 Likes
Kennedjo
Apprentice
Options

it was after the software update that my snore detection stopped working

0 Likes
Gerasimos Apostolato
First Poster
Options

all the prereqs you state are covered. Note 10 plus, worked once and never again. i also have another issue! although all notifications awaken the screen, the notificaitons that pertain to inactivity (i.e. get up, walk, stretch abit, vibrate on the phone > they dont awaken the screen > and when i use the side buttons ONLY then the screen awakens and shows this notification. i am on all latest SW updates. can u pls help? thanls

0 Likes
Higira
First Poster
Options

just got my watch4 last week. tried setting up but it never works. i have set it to always on... its plugged in as well. i got a note10+. 

0 Likes
Siebrand
Explorer
Options

I think that activity notifications originate from Samsung Health on your watch directly, not your phone. In SH you can only turn them on/off, nothing about waking the screen

0 Likes
Higira
First Poster
Options

hi i think you've misunderstand. It's not the screen thats always on, its the "snoring" function thats always on. more specifically "detect snoring" - Always.

0 Likes
Siebrand
Explorer
Options

As the SH settings state for Always on snoring detection: your phone should be nearby, on the charger. So this is by design, I guess to prevent your alarm from not going off due to a drained battery. That it does work the first time then actually is a bug.

0 Likes
Higira
First Poster
Options

Yes, it's plugged in... also the phone is right beside my bed, head level... anymore near and I'll be hugging it.

0 Likes