Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health hiking activity shows wrong distance

(Topic created on: 29-09-2023 09:05 PM)
Drozi
First Poster
Options

The Samsung Health app shows wrong distance for my hiking activity. I use the new Galaxy Watch 6 Classic with my Galaxy S21 5G.

While the trace on the map looks reasonably fine, the measured distance is absolute nonsense. 

Please check out the screenshot below, where the app claims the distance walked was 4.91km. I know for sure that the actual distance is around 6.7km (btw my wife's Watch6 measured it correctly).

Screenshot_20230929_215532_Samsung Health.jpg

But what I absolutely do not understand is this thing: if I export the workout route via the Share route as GPX file and I open the route GPX file in different map application (Mapy.cz or Locus maps), the route distance is actually 6.7km:

Drozi_0-1696017744534.png

It looks that for some reason the Health app works with accurate and correct data but wrongly calculates the distance or cuts off some parts of it, which is truly inconvenient.

2 REPLIES 2
matteuspassio
First Poster
Options

I have had this same issue with my Galaxy watch 3 for years. Distance is the most important data there is to record and they got it messed up with SW. I am surprised that this have not been fixed to your newer watch model either. I won't be  buying a new Samsung watch then.

0 Likes
GHOSTEDbyME
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problem in 2024 with my GW5 🥴
0 Likes