Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

(Topic created on: 27-11-2018 03:13 AM)
Newwatch
Student
Options

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

Go to solution
145 REPLIES 145
ddkpdk
First Poster
Options

I am having this same issue

0 Likes
ddkpdk
First Poster
Options

my screen is blank, flashes green briefly about every 5 seconds then stays black.  It vibrates when button is pushed.

0 Likes
TiffanyBailey87
First Poster
Options

Thank you greatly. I have been a mess since my watch messed up. So i came across this thread, did what you said and it worked. Thank you greatly...  

0 Likes
Jennifer000
First Poster
Options

Hold both buttons for more than 10sec to reboot watch 

0 Likes
Aymane Salhi
First Poster
Options

Hello, this solution doesn't work for my galaxy watch active, is there any way to reboot it through laptop or any other solutions?

0 Likes
Michi We
First Poster
Options

Hi,

for me the solutions i read here didn't work at first (i was trying to reboot now for 3 weeks!). Neither holding power button at charing or holding both buttons for any given time did anything. My watch was at "nothing going on"-mode, so no vibration or heart rate sensor light (as some users mentioned here before), after the battery was depleted while swimming in the sea (of course i cleaned it with clean water afterwards, but i couldn't end the water mode).

But: after 2 weeks of not charging or doing anything (i was trying to deplete the battery by this) suddenly the charging + 10secs pressing the lower (power-)button showed me there 0% and charging screen. So right now it's charging and i'm full of hope again.

Maybe this helps some frustrated readers, since i found now other solution: deplete your battery by just letting it uncharged for a few weeks, then try again. i guess that every time you try it with charging+powerbutton you charge the battery a bit - so for me it was patience that worked :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Nadeem
First Poster
Options

Yes thanks … worked for me too!! 

0 Likes
Lalitha
First Poster
Options

I did press the botton but still not working. Even Bluetooth is not connected..im fed up now

0 Likes
na_mac
First Poster
Options

The only hope I could offer is try holding both buttons for a bit longer..maybe 15 seconds while the watch is on the charger. 

0 Likes
Jennifer000
First Poster
Options

Hi if its connected to your phone, try updating it through smart things app. If it's not connected to your phone, while it's on charge, hold the 2 buttons at same time for long time till something happens. If nothing happens, let it die and try again when you put it on charge.

0 Likes