Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 4 - If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly?!

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 06:19 PM)
RegP
Navigator
Options

So its true! If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly, this is discrimination and a disgrace, this message will get deleted tho like my last

121 REPLIES 121
RegP
Navigator
Options
Nightmare mate, still cant believe they haven't bothered to resolve this or even make a statement on it, very poor customer service and ***** right greed
0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

@Samsung - any news on getting this simple issue fixed with an update?! I've now owned both versions of the Galaxy Watch 4 for a month and a half, and still NO notifications. Bring back the basic notification setting that allowed notifications to come through even if you're not wearing the watch. Alarms, reminders, and navigation all come through when the watch isn't being worn, it can't be that difficult to allow us the option for ALL apps. I'm beyond tired of having two new watches that don't serve any purpose other than a vanilla bland Watch and expensive step counter. I should've kept my Galaxy watch 3 at this point.....

0 Likes
zagladacz
Explorer
Options

Dear all,

I’ve fixed this tattoo issue by attending on ONE tattoo laser „removal” session. It was only one 3min session and problem was gone. Costs was about 12$.

Tattoo laser removal is a process where laser beam is breaking ink molecules into a pieces, then old ink is absorbed by human body. To fully remove your tattoo (in fact it's never works in 100%, sometimes some parts of tattoos are hard to remove) you should attend on 5-6 or more sessions - it depends of your skin, tattoo ink and so on. 

One session just lighten up small part of my tattoo - its almost invisible to anyone even for me - in fact there is almost no sign of this process.

So…you can give it a try, it worked for me.

BTW. Today my Watch 4 classic 46mm stand for 48h with 7% of battery remained.

0 Likes
RegP
Navigator
Options
Yea lets go get laser treatment so we can get notifications on our watch 😂😂😂😭😭😭
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Umm.... are you serious?! I appreciate the feedback, but there's no chance in hell I'm gonna have tattoo removal to get notifications to work on my watch. I'll sooner make the switch to an icrapple device before that happens. That's not a fix, that's a cop out for Samsung not to fix their *****. Alarms/calendar reminders/navigation ALL work even if you're not wearing the watch, it's a simple fix on Samsung's end. Allow the same basic setting you allowed on every watch since 2013 that gave us the option to allow ALL notifications even while not wearing the watch. @samsung pull your head out and go right by your customers. This is beyond ridiculous. I've attached a picture of the setting that was here for every other watch they've had that we need for the galaxy watch 4. 

Screenshot_20211016-162915_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
zagladacz
Explorer
Options

I did it not for a notifications but for ECG, blood pressure and oxygen level sensors....

0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

I didn't mean for that to come across as being snarky to your comment. This whole thing is just beyond ridiculous that Samsung hasn't addressed this. Give us the option to allow ALL notifications whether we're wearing the watch (or more importantly if the watch doesn't "think" we're wearing it) or not. The hardware and software is already there. Push whatever stupid little button you need to in the engineering/update department, and let us enjoy our watch the way we all paid good money to enjoy. 

Another thing that baffles my mind is, the watch goes dark thinking I'm not wearing it with my tattoos, but if I manually wake it up it has NO problem manually reading my oxygen level and ECG readings even through my ink. Explain that predicament. Come on Samsung/Google anytime you want to fix this, preferably before we're all due for an upgrade with the Galaxy Watch 5 would be just fine with me. 

D36VEY
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 worked OK (in the end) as it had an option to "get notifications if you are not wearing the watch" but this watch 4 does not have that option in the settings!?!? WHY?? Why change things?? Samsung love making life hard, surely they know about tattoo's!! It's all over the Internet about the issues/problems 

0 Likes
RegP
Navigator
Options
Latest issue with my watch!!!!!! when trying to boot up it comes up with 2 cogs spinning and gets to 25% before it turns off, piece of **** samsung 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
0 Likes
Ken77
Apprentice
Options

Yup im with you, it is a form of discrimination i wish i knew about this before i bought the GW4 .. Should of kelp my GW3 i had 0 problems.

0 Likes