Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 compatibility with Polar H10 heart rate sensor?

(Topic created on: 01-09-2021 06:41 PM)
RifleMan_Cz
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I bought Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. I would like to use my HRM (Heart rate monitor) Polar H10+ as the watch HRM sensor is not always precise, especially during high intensitive training or swimming.

I can pair the Polar with Samsung Health application. When I start the activity thru the mobile phone, it recognizes the Polar as HRM and everything is OK. But I don't want to always start the activity via mobile phone and on top of that, the activity is not visible on watch (live).

When I start the activity via Watch, HRM is being used only by watches. When I go to the Bluetooth (on smart watches), I cannot find the HRM Polar to connect on.

I know there was some discussion couple of years ago, so I thought, Samsung already fixed this issue. There are some applications/watch faces, that allow you to connect to chest HRM w/o any issues, so how can I do that just using Samsung Watch w/o any of the apps? Thank you for your help!

20 REPLIES 20
FakeJoe
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, I bought Galaxy Watch4 Classic just few days ago and tried to replace my Garmin Fenix 5 with it.

I have HRM-Pro Plus heart rate monitor with Garmin and here is how I paired it with Samsung:

1. Install Google Fit

2. Pair HRM-Pro Plus in Google Fit

3. Install Health Sync to my phone. It comes with a paid version but it does not cost too much (few bucks).

4. In Health Sync, Configure sync activities from Google Fit to Samsung Health/Strava every N hours (I set 12 to not drain battery)

5. It works.

Few drawbacks:

1. I do not know whether Google Fit uses all the information from HRM, as it was an expensive HRM with all the blows in whistles.. In the worst case I might have to sell it and buy cheaper one.. Well, I do not probably need advanced stuff for occasional running and football anyway.

2. Setup works but it is not cool to have such a complicated setup for so simple thing like direct pairing between HRM and watches. Garmin does that natively from watch interface and I honestly do not understand why Samsung does not.

If any questions, email me.

0 Likes