Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro Power off Feature

(Topic created on: 15-07-2022 10:56 PM)
S22 Ultra User
Explorer
Options

Hi, 

I am making this post as a suggestion to Samsung to add the functionality for the Galaxy Buds Pro and other models to power off after they are inactive for ten minutes.

I have used cheaper Bluetooth buds which have power-off functionality and they switch off after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Considering it would be a software-induced functionality and it can be done. As of right now they do not power off and go on standby and continue to drain power even when not in use. 

There are a few youtube videos showing how to power these off but they stand incorrect and not true as Galaxy buds pro cannot be turned off. When they are in the case they are charging and when they are out they are draining the power. If they could power off after a set minute of activity then practically they could last even longer. I can understand that for pairing they may have to go back in the case but this is a small compromise to conserve battery drainage.

Please share your thoughts, thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Good point, i totally agree with your suggestion.
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Just put them in the case problem solved, I get what your saying but if I'm not using them no matter for how long I put them in the case rather than them picking up all sorts of stuff where you put them down then putting them back in your ears.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Great suggestion, as a few times I have not taken my case, decided to take off the buds only for them to remain on connected to my mobile
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Wtbuds
Student
Options

That is a much needed feature. I come from Jaybird Vista (after the Vista 2 incredible fiasco) and this is a huge loss feature wise.

Wtbuds
Student
Options

You're missing the point @StuartR. Of course you can put them back in the case! This feature is very much needed though in those scenarios where that is basically, not an option. Good examples include sleeping and falling asleep.

S22 Ultra User
Explorer
Options
I think a software update might just be what's required to initiate this feature. Some on the cheapest earbuds have it so there is no reason why Samsung couldn't implement it. Premium product should have premium functionality.
0 Likes