Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Active 2 Blood Oxygen app disappears

(Topic created on: 11-10-2020 08:32 PM)
F6670
Explorer
Options
I have the Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch and have just recently updated to software version 5.5.0.1 and now have the Blood Oxygen app, but when I go into the Galaxy Wear app and I see it in the Widgets list on my phone ready to add to my watch, each time I add the widget and save it then goes back to the add list again and never shows on my added list or my watch??? Can anyone help?? I'm from the UK with this update 👍🏻
26 REPLIES 26
EMJDK
Journeyman
Options

Same here when updating to Tizen 5.5.0.1

I got so tired of trying that my watch is now at a Certified Samsung repair center. 

Imaging putting out an update and not testing it before it is released, advertising it on top of update info.

My watch active2 Lte.

0 Likes
Dfeat
Journeyman
Options

Samsung hasn't  enabled the SpO2-sensor on Active 2. Although both Galaxy watch 3 and Active 2 are SpO2-capable given they both share exactly the same sensor-package, I think Samsung wants it to be a Watch 3-exclusive feature. 

There are some hackers over at XDA developers trying to activate the SpO2-sensor in Active 2 though. 

Don't mix up SpO2 with VO2-max. Active 2 got VO2-max in the latest update. VO2-max is just a number calculated after you've gone for a run.

EMJDK
Journeyman
Options

You are getting it wrong, people are not mixing anything up. The VO2 needs to be added as a widget before it will work. That widget Samsung has seriously messed up.

0 Likes
Dfeat
Journeyman
Options

VO2max and SpO2 are two completely different things. VO2max is just a number of your oxygen consumption during exercise. The watch estimates this number by calculating the speed and distance of your latest >20min run. You can see it in the workout summary after your run. Works fine on my Active 2 after tizen 5 update.

The Spo2 widget you're talking about measures your actual oxygen levels in your blood using a red LED. It's only supported by galaxy watch 3 even though Active 2 also has the red LEDs necessary for it. Samsung have not mentioned any plans to ever activate the function on the Active 2 however. 

0 Likes
EMJDK
Journeyman
Options

People here are talking about the VO2 app that Samsung has terribly messed up in the TIZEN 5.5.0.1 update. It is mentioned in the very first line as being included in the update. People here are not talking about the spo2 app. People here have all gone through the very same frustrating thing of not being able to add the VO2 app, so stop all these postings about Sp02 and long lectures. I picked up my active2 watch yesterday from a certified Samsung repair shop and they said exactly the same thing. The TIZEN 5.5.O.1. is messed up by Samsung and needs a patch to fix it, it is as simple as that.

0 Likes
Dfeat
Journeyman
Options

Well there is no "VO2 app/widget". The only thing samsung mention in the update is V02max, and that is just a number you get in your workout summary.

0 Likes
EMJDK
Journeyman
Options

The feature is simply not there for the Galaxy active 2 LTE version, it is well known by now that the update was faulty and needs a fix. I know exactly what VO2 is as well as Sp02 since I have both on my Garmin Venu and they work perfectly well. 

I do also believe a certified Samsung technician is very qualified and well knowledgeable about these issues

and knows exactly what is going on since it amongst other things his job.

If you want to keep it up by all means do so, I have no more to say about the issue other than I can well understand the frustration of the people experiencing this faulty update.

0 Likes
Dfeat
Journeyman
Options

Yep, the blood oxygen app/widget isn't there for the active 2 because it's not supposed to be there.

People here are talking about the blood oxygen widget which is only supported by galaxy watch 3. Theres a bug that makes it appear in the wearable app for some active 2 users but they still cant add it to the watch because it isn't supported. 

There is no"VO2 app/widget" though. So whats your problem with VO2, doesn't it show up in your workout summary?

0 Likes
Jon7703
Pioneer
Options

<span;>I complained to the Advertising Standards Authority.  Samsung has clearly done it again.  Making massive claims about a product,  including Advertising functionality it doesn't have, solely for the purpose of getting us to spend our hard earned cash. Anyone noticed that despite COVID, Samsung has  managed to yet again bring out a new Watch (stating it would have the very same features we are all missing from our current watch), a number of new phones, yet is totally unable to give us the functionality we initially paid for back in 2019. Seriously, they should not be allowed to get away with it. I suggest that you all complain to the ASA, this way not only will Samsung be forced to provide the functionality promised, it will hopefully stop them from putting profits against customers.  They claim to care about their Loyal customer base.  However,  if any of you have experienced their Customer Service or after sales Service you will already know  - Once they have your cash, they don't give a ***** about you.

F6670
Explorer
Options
Well it looks like there is a upgrade with the ECG app and the Blood Pressure app... at last Samsung has given us Active 2 users a nice update 👍🏻 this is here in the UK anyone else get the update???
0 Likes