Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run distance imported to Strava differently

(Topic created on: 22-06-2021 07:18 AM)
Chanain
First Poster
Options

I just got the Galaxy Watch 3, and I tried out a short run. I set it to a "run" - no autodetect - and left the phone at home.

The weird part is that, while the GPS data uploaded correctly, Strava says the run was slightly longer than what Samsung Health reports: 3.67km vs 3.56. This has a meaningful impact on reported pace.

I don't understand where this difference comes from. All of Strava's data is coming from Samsung Health, so how can the same mapped route show two different distance? Is Samsung simply not using the GPS data to determine distance, or is there something else going on?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
What l found
Is to set your watch
When you are about
To start your run/walk
Otherwise it will count steps
With arm movement
0 Likes
kagome05
Student
Options

It's not only the Samsung watch, it's an issue for all Samsung devices. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S20, my sister's got a Samsung Galaxy S21, and a friend has a Samsung S10 and Samsung watch. We all are running and use a running app, and we all have noticed that GPS is not working properly on all our Samsungs. I had a Sony before and the GPS accuracy was very high it was showing my running path when i was overtaking people or parked cars, whilst Samsung GPS is showing me crossing the river, walking through the buildings so GPS is faulty in all Samsung products

0 Likes