Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringing in right galaxy bud 2

(Topic created on: 29-10-2023 10:50 AM)
DokiBanana
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone have a fix to my right earbud making a high pitched sound when I have it on noise cancelling mode or ambient noise, I used to just deal with it but it is getting higher pitched every time and is starting to hurt my ears. If anyone has had this same problem and knows a way to fix it that would be greatly appreciated. My phone is a galaxy s21 if that has anything to do with it and it is on android version 13.

Edit:
I have just had a look through the comments on this post and @Tharg has the answer on how to fix it.
13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@DokiBanana: Is this happening while you're using a particular app, or accessing certain media, or is it persistent? If it's persistent, please head to the Galaxy Wearable app on your connected phone and select Earbuds settings > Reset. Please note that you will be required to pair the Buds to your device once again following this step. Let me know if this helps. 

DokiBanana
Apprentice
Options
The problem occurs as soon as the mode has been turned on. I have tried resetting them multiple times but nothing has changed.
Members_yptyoky
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem with the Galaxy Buds 2 pro on the Galaxy S23. High pitched whistling in the right bud when ANC or ambient is activated. Tried resetting and buds are clear but whistling still persists. I'm on Android 14 though

0 Likes
Toby4335
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue just started

Did you find a solution? Or just get them replaced?

Many thanks! 

DokiBanana
Apprentice
Options
I still haven't found a solution and instead just bought some Sony headphones as a replacement
0 Likes
Dr Franfran
First Poster
Options

hi first bought the galaxy pro 2, within 2 weeks, rining hight pitch from the left ear when you adjust the headphones when you touch it whilst it's playing music, claimed it on warrenty, got buds 2, 3 weeks later the right ear was ringing high pitch on it own...

I had my galaxy pro for 3 years with no issues. 

thank it's a new generation issue.

0 Likes
Tharg
Apprentice
Options

The high pitched noise happened for me after removing the ear-tips to clean and lightly brushing the exposed chrome grill on the earphone. The noise only occurred in the right earphone and only when active noise cancelling was on. On the assumption that something had gotten into the exposed chrome grill I sucked the chrome grill to remove any object on/in them. Bingo, problem solved!! 

peter4242
First Poster
Options
It worked. Suck it and see. Cheers bud.
Lucaskuiv
Student
Options

Had the same problem with my Galaxy Buds FE, sucked on it and it was gone. Sucking on the grill seems to solve most problems with galaxy earbuds, had another issue were one earbud played sound quiter than the other, sucked on the grill and it solved that too. Seems like a poor design that needs fixing.