Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible New Square Design Watch

(Topic created on: 12-03-2024 10:29 AM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So it seems there's lots of talk about the Galaxy Watches going with a more square design. Or at possibly adding to the range.

I remember when they did more rectangular and square designs. They did look great.
But seeing how classy they are at the moment.
It will be interesting to see what design they choose.
Hopefully not one of those Apple Watch design types.

Link below is the SamMobile news article 

Will have to wait and see
6 REPLIES 6
Carlvig
Pathfinder
Options
Interesting, and makes sense in so many ways, better app support and screen real estate.
Like you, I'm also concerned about the design being similar to Apple watch, especially if you have to go off the latest Galaxy fit 3 design. I would like to see something really unique, hopefully.
I'd personally would also like to see the watch being able to be used as a standalone device and full E-sim support, but not sure if the company would be that kind.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah there are others that go with the Apple Watch design.
Depends really, if it has a screen that fills it and is large enough.
Depending upon apps. Could be very handy
But I'd like a different design with a flat screen I think
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Interesting, though not sure I am overly keen on the square design.   Think there is a need for Samsung to be a bit distinctive though and if they go down this route hopefully not the only option.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I would not be keen at all if they moved towards a square design. I want my smart watch to look like a normal watch (I'm aware that not all normal watches follow a circular design). I'm more than happy to lose out on screen real estate as a trade-off. Don't mind if it's an additional watch option whilst keeping the current design as a separate option. My bet is that at some point, Samsung will release a more premium smartwatch that will be intended to compete with Apple Watch Ultra and they will use a squared watch design. Hopefully I'm wrong. Personally, the perfect smartwatch for me would a watch with the battery life of a Watch 5 Pro (or better) but with the bezel of the Classic series.
0 Likes
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
Would a bezel still work on a square screen?!
0 Likes
MrFinland
Pathfinder
Options
I was thinking the same as well!
0 Likes