Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pace not showing correctly

(Topic created on: 16-01-2020 05:27 PM)
SarahJa
Student
Options

Hello Samsung,

I have recently purchased the galaxy active 2 watch. When running, my average pace and distance are shown correctly, but my current pace jumps up and down. The first number of the seconds always stays 0, so it jumps between 4:01, 4:02,... To 5:05, 5:09 to 6:04... Min/km and so on.

This is happening in samsung health and kn strava.

Could you please look into this bug? It is really frustrating when running!

12 REPLIES 12
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @SarahJa! If you go into the "Alti-Barometer" app through the watch, when it's on the "Altimeter" screen you'll see a last refreshed status at the bottom. If that hasn't been refreshed for a while, the watch will either assume you're much lower than you currently are or much higher. Scroll over to the 3rd page in the app (past the "Barometer" page) and you should see a list of settings; click on "Change" and make sure you turn on "Auto refresh". Does it help?

0 Likes
SarahJa
Student
Options

Hi! Tested this and it doesn't work.. There is nothing wrong with height, but current pace keeps being wrong...

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, and is the watch running on the latest software version? On the mobile device connected to it, head to: Galaxy Wearable app > About watch > Update watch software > Update now. Also, have you set up Samsung Health on your mobile device and is the Location turned on, on the watch? Menu > Settings > Connections > Turn Location on.

0 Likes
rtate84
First Poster
Options

Hi Carol. I have the same problem as Sarah. When running, the current pace min/km is materially inaccurate. The distance, time and average pace seem ok but the current pace is way off, often showing a much slower pace. For example, I will be running a a consistent average pace of 5min per km but the current pace will show over 7min per km throughut the run. I have updated the software to the latest version, the problem is still there.  The location setting is on and high accuracy location is on. Please assist.

0 Likes
Ck77
First Poster
Options

Hello @CarloL, I suffer with the same problems on my Galaxy Active watch. Current pace is inaccurate, but the mile/pace is ok.

• Software of watch and Samsung health is up to date
  • UA MapMyRun shows the same issue.
  • GPS is activated on hight accurancy.
0 Likes
Rocketboy
First Poster
Options

Hi all . 

I have the exact same problem on my active watch 1. During exercise the average pace per km fluctuates to ridiculous values on the watch . But after the exercise the pace splits summary per km are shown correct.. any advice? 20210211_184528.jpg

0 Likes
Rocketboy
First Poster
Options

My general average pace is around 5min /km. But as can be seen on the screenshot.. it fluctuates randomly20210223_213251.jpg

0 Likes
kiran88
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, it is extremely frustrating. Have Samsung given up on helping with this problem?

0 Likes
kiran88
First Poster
Options

@carloL 

0 Likes