Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Controller No Longer Correctly Controls Phone Volume

(Topic created on: 27-09-2023 01:29 PM)
PaulParanoia
Student
Options

Media Controller on Galaxy Watch 4 Classic no longer properly controls the volume on a connected phone.  Changing the volume from the watch results in the phones volume randomly jumping up or down without relation to the control on the watch.  However, when the phone is casting to a google home device, the media controller on the watch does correctly alter the volume of the google home device.

This started to be an issue after a recent software update for the watch.  The installed Media Controller version is 1.0.23.7121.

Resetting the watch, the Galaxy Wearable app and the watch manager app doesn't fix the issue.  Both apps have been granted all permissions and full notification access.

Has anyone else experienced or managed to fix this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
matic1
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same problem and I hate it, because media control is one of my most used things...

If you manage to resolve problem, please tell me how.

Liya123
Student
Options

Hi, I have the same problem on galaxy watch 4 classic. Media control is one of my most used things. Media Controller on no longer properly controls the volume on a connected phone or bluetooth handsfree.
And my Changing the volume from the watch results in the phones volume randomly jumping up or down without relation to the control on the watch too. I factory reset galaxy watch 4 classic but without any effect.
If you manage to resolve problem, please tell me.

0 Likes
Members_ge50oll
First Poster
Options

I have a related problem. My mediacontroller doesn't show up anymore since the last update and rebooting isn't working. This is very annoying because that's basicly the reason I chose the Classic so I can use the ring to control the volume while wearing gloves. I really hope the fix this soon.

0 Likes
MCU_2023
First Poster
Options

Same issue to me, Can't control spotify or music player in the mobile. This issue is already 3 month from the first post. But still not solve.

0 Likes
PaulParanoia
Student
Options

Still broken with latest software update (26th Dec). Still doesn't correctly control media volume on phone. Come on Samsung, sort it out!

0 Likes