Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Left ear buds plus is not connecting.

(Topic created on: 30-08-2020 09:59 PM)
ALahson
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I was using both ear buds this morning. Battery was completely drained so I put them back in the case to charge.  Now I can see that they are both charging but only the right ear bud connects. The left one doesn't connect. 

I have attached images showing the wearbles app. A picture of both ear buds charging and a picture of the left ear bud charging. 

15988142080724226566021584622510.jpg

15988142712707933803837973154912.jpg

15988142964384071755448346218722.jpg

Screenshot_20200830_195533_com.samsung.accessory.popcornmgr.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
Amunnie
Navigator
Options
Have you checked the contacts? in case there is some dirt preventing it from charging?
0 Likes
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
I was going to suggest the same as amunnie as I had the same problem after a little wipe over mine started charging up again.
0 Likes
ALahson
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I have cleaned them with cotton and replaced the tips and the plastic that goes around the buds. I unpaired them and paired them again. Still nothing in the left ear bud. 

0 Likes
panchels
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same problem
0 Likes
Amunnie
Navigator
Options
Hi again ! Sorry to hear that didn't help. Have you allowed both to charge fully in the case then reconnecting ? Also try this, (sorry if you already have) completely disconnected them from your phone, unpair them. Then switch them off. Switch your phones Bluetooth off and then turn the phone off. Turn the phone on, turn the Bluetooth on and then turn on the earbuds. See if this works
0 Likes
Amunnie
Navigator
Options
Hmm, I notice one earbud is 100%, perhaps that's preventing the other from charging as the case might assume its full. try draining the battery of the one ear bud and charging again. if that doesn't work, you might have to contact Samsung under warranty and get a potential replacement
0 Likes
ALahson
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your suggestions, I have tried that and it didn't work. I'll try  draining the right ear bud and see if they charge after that. I tried taking it to Samsung as its under warrenty but because of covid 19 I had to make an appointment which is in 10 days. 

0 Likes
ALahson
Journeyman
Options

Also as you can see the green light is lit and it is normally green when both are fully charged. 

IMG_20200830_223546.jpg

0 Likes
ALahson
Journeyman
Options

I have researched and this seems to happen to a lot of people. Does anyone know what's causing it and are Samsung doing anything about it?

From running a few tests I can see that it's draining battery off the case but the airbod is not charging. Some thing seems to be wrong with the battery. 

0 Likes