Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with samsung health

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 06:27 PM)
Boris98
First Poster
Options

I have the Galaxy Watch 42mm and ever since todays update my watch disappeared from samsung health and it only counts my phones steps or combined.

This is a huge issue for me cause the step and distance counts are extremely innacurate. Please fix ASAP!

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Gmalone9784
First Poster
Options

Reading through comments and the moderator response and can confirm that the answer provided does not address the problems we are having. I have a 42mm Galaxy Watch and have noticed that the S Health app is reporting TWICE the number of steps ive actually taken. The app needs a way to pause (or really just stop) step collection.   Samsung, please address this problem. I purchased this watch less than 6 months ago and it is currently unusable because of this glitch. This is not acceptable for something so expensive. This seems like a simple fix but your moderators need to actually read these comments and pass the correct messages on to software/app developers 

0 Likes
Bones98
First Poster
Options

This absolutely makes no sense. I purchased this watch because it is a lifestyle watch with a step counter, I thought it would be a great idea because I could sync with Samsung health. But because of this it's doubling my step count which is providing inaccurate information for my health and weight tracking. I don't know a single person that leaves their cell phone at home when they go out on a run, or they're at the store. So now if I go on a run or go for a walk I either have to leave my phone at home or try to figure out my calorie burn and my steps manually since any activity I do where I want to listen to music or I need to have my phone on me is automatically doubled. 

0 Likes
AfaqHaider
First Poster
Options
SAMSUNG HEALTH NEEDS AN UPDATE....... AND URGENTLY... I NEED TO RUN A MARATHON THIS DEC 06TH

MY GALAXY FIT IS VISIBLE IN STEPS COUNT OPTIONS, BUT ONCE I CHOSE THAT MY STEPS ARE 0, MY DEVICE'S STEPS ARE OKAY.

BUT I DONT RUN WITH MY PHONE DANGLING IN MY POCKET OR HAVING A REASONABLY MORE WEIGHT ON MY ARM...... ISNT THAT WHY WE HAVE ALL BOUGHT SMART HEALTH TRACKING DEVICES..... WHOS'E LAUGHING NOW!!!!
0 Likes
Themathman
Student
Options

I still have similar double counting problems but I found a solution to disable phone step counting:

Click on steps in the Samsung health app an select phone as step source. 

Click the three dots in the right corner and press pause step count. 

Now select all devices as source again and your total step count should only be what your watch is tracking. 

Deks
Student
Options
Thankyou for your post, I have just carried out your instructions on my phone. I will now test over the next couple of days. But if correct very much appreciated suggestion. Shame Samsung or the App makers do not listen. Really put me off making Samsung my next phone. Had a look at iphone 11 instead but not sure I want to make that jump..
Toad
First Poster
Options

This doesnt even give me an option it just offers to change goal or view my step count data. 

I wish I never bought this watch and went with fit bit due to this glitch 

0 Likes
Themathman
Student
Options
You have to select phone as source first otherwise you cannot pause step count:

Open the samsung health app
Press the step icon
Press the gear below the graph and select phone as source
Press the three dots in the upper right corner
Press pause step count
Press the place where the gear icon was and select all sources

Your step count should now be only from your watch starting tomorrow since the steps the phone has recorded to date will still be counted. Hope this helps, it works for me at least.
Ella69
First Poster
Options

the answer to the update seems flawed.  They are trying to avoid users having to add stepstegether from multiple devices but now users have to subtract steps.  If I am wearing my Galaxy Watch and carrying my phone both devices are counting my steps. If I want to know my actual step count first I have to go in find the total steps, then I have to reset for just mobile steps and subtract those from the all steps in order to get only the steps counted by my watch.  Previously we had the option to see only Mobile only, watch only or combined.  I could leave my phone set for watch only.  Please update the app so the watch steps can be viewed alone.

0 Likes
Ella69
First Poster
Options
thanks. I am going to give this a try. When I called Samsung they said there was no way to disable step count on just my mobile device.
0 Likes
johnRouge
First Poster
Options

It is not only the problem with A Samsung Watch. I have A Huawei Honor Band 4 with the software of Huawei on A Galaxy a5. Same problem with double Stepcounting here. After A conversation with the Huawei helpdesk it was confirmed that the problem lays by with Samsung and they are not willing to change the settings. Meaning: Samsung has decided for some reason that we must use two stepcounters and that make no sence at all.  like all the people here i wish I could turn the Pedometer from my A5 off. the only thing i could do is to buy another Brand telephone to solve that problem, I will.

0 Likes