Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install watch apps from phone

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 09:23 PM)
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
Maybe I'm being dense but is there a way to browse and install watch only apps from the phone like you could with the old tizen watches? The watch play app is very underdeveloped & cumbersome to use
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Neo001
Legend
Options

One way is if you have the watch compatible apps on your phone and then in the watch, open Google play and click on "Apps on your phone" - this will show you all the apps that can be installed on your watch and install them.

Second way is when you install an app on the phone, you can choose to install it on the watch as well. Same applies for watch only apps.

Hope this helps.

Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for confirming.

It feels very backwards compared to how tizen managed apps with a dedicated section of the store and apps pushed from the phone to the watch. It seems like more of a companion device instead of the more hybrid feel tizen had. I'm hoping it's just withdrawal and I get used to it in a few weeks, I've used tizen since the square samsung gear 2 nearly 10 years ago 😅
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
Not sure how this would be less secure. A pound to a penny says wearOS has more critical CVEs than Tizen. There's also fewer attack vectors when data is pushed rather than direct connections.
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi @Lingard87 

I understand where you are coming from. But I think the new way gives you more control over the that you want or not want to install on your watch. 

•  
0 Likes