Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to swap what the top and bottom buttons do on the galaxy watch 4

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 12:21 PM)
Lendios
Apprentice
Options

On the gear s3 that I used to use the back button was at the top and home button on the bottom. This was much more intuitive for me and felt way more comfortable than my galaxy watch 4 which arrived today. 

I keep getting it the wrong way round. And since I use the back button the most it makes sense for it to be at the top rather than the bottom where it's harder to grip and press with fingers. 

I looked in wearable app but there's only options to change what back and home buttons do not to change which button is which.
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A similar thread @Lendios 

eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/watch4-buttons. 

Hopefully Samsung will introduce the option in future updates  🤞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Galaxy123
Journeyman
Options
I don't know what they were thinking... I just come off the Samsung Watch, which used the same configuration and it worked perfectly well. I use the home button to access apps as well swiping from the bottom doesn't feel very intuitive.
Trif92
First Poster
Options
It's really frustrating
0 Likes
Members_eboB8ZO
Explorer
Options

Agree - 2 weeks in and I still press the wrong button

Why would Samsung do this without an option to switch back for existing users? 

It's a big middle finger to the long-standing users. 

Please add the option Samsung. There was no need to ever change this 

Gilligan
First Poster
Options

Completely agree. Why would a company completely flip/reverse the buttons? Makes absolutely zero sense. Also... Don't get me started on the Auto Brightness... I want my brightness set low and only amplified it dimmed if automatically, but to always go back to my original setting. Really thinking about just gong back to my Gear S3 and waiting to see what comes of the Classic 5 Pro. 

0 Likes