Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiit running interval training active watch 2

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 07:22 PM)
jonnyboy2020
Apprentice
Options

I've seen others post about this too.

Why are there no simple options in samsung health to create a running workout for interval training?

Why can't I create a workout for say, a mile or two warmup, 800 meters x 6 with 200 meter rest periods, 1 mi cooldown?

It needs to be realized that runners typically do 4 types of workouts, tempo/intervals/long runs/recovery runs. 

Everything can be done (basically) with the basic running app, EXCEPT interval training.

Why should I have to wear my old garmin the ONE day a week I do intervals?

That means I have to keep track of two apps (garmin connect and samsung health).

This is totally confusing why samsung would ignore this request. 

I see someone created a hiit training app, but it doesn't look like it would let you put a distance in for the work periods, only a time. That doesn't work if you are doing distance paced intervals. 

5 REPLIES 5
jazroam
First Poster
Options
since the update of android 11 many of my apps won't work especially my music apps coming on but no music playing on phone or headphones. also many other wee problems are starting to happen like trying to cast to TV etc...how do we fix these problems....????
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yes, I’m with you on this!!! I’m in the process of changing over from iOS to Android and got the Active 2 watch after reading great reviews only to find out that it lacks a simple intervals function?? How does a watch have “active” in the name and lack such a basic requirement is beyond me

jonnyboy2020
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, and this is ironic as you said, but I cannot wear my active 2 watch for any exercises I do. I have to take off my active and wear my Garmin for running or strength training.

It doesn't count reps like my Garmin for strength training. All it does is keep track of time, so you can't keep track of reps without writing them down!

Samsung made a great smartwatch, I do love it for the smartwatch features, and it's frustrating because the heart rate and gps are pretty close to my Garmin in terms of accuracy, and the active blows the Garmin away for sleep tracking, but it's just missing a few little things to make it a true Garmin replacement (at least for non triathlon people who mainly run-I don't bike or swim so I don't know how accurate those are). Why these few things aren't added is beyond me.

Maybe they will add in a future watch so we all have to keep buying them?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

The Active2 was nearly perfect! But this one feature is just too important to overlook so I’m on the lookout for a replacement watch. Garmin seems to fit the bill. I hope they fix this issue for you and other users soon

jonnyboy2020
Apprentice
Options

Good luck. I've been wearing a garmin for almost 3yrs. They are quirky sometimes after updates but overall very solid, and much better suited for people doing more than casual exercise. 

Garmin support is fantastic too. My forerunner 935 was about a month or so out of warranty and the heart rate monitor started messing up. They sent me a brand new one. Other times I've contacted them they've been great. It's all American support reps too.

Unfortunately Samsung support doesn't sound as good from what I read. 

Happy running to you and happy new year!

0 Likes