Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Daily Reminders in Watch App No Longer Working - Galaxy Watch Active

(Topic created on: 28-01-2021 01:57 AM)
Tassle
Student
Options

Hi, can anyone offer some urgent advice?

I have a memory impairment so I have various reminders set in the Reminders app on my Galaxy Watch Active.  These were functioning fine until today. This morning I noticed that none of my reminders have gone off. I checked the phone app and all of them say that they are set 'every day', however they are all showing in the app under the heading 'past'. None of them are giving me a notification or vibration. I'm still receiving other notifications from my phone as normal, such as WhatsApp / txt messages.

I've tried re-booting the watch but it has made no difference. I'm really struggling without reliable reminders. It was the main reason for buying the watch. I've included a screenshot of what the Reminders app currently shows. Thanks

Watch Reminders.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
PamPushkin
Student
Options

Hello! Looks like I have the same problem: Samsung Reminder application show reminders on my Galaxy S20 but not on my GWA2. 

0 Likes
Dereky
First Poster
Options

Me too, I feel your pain and frustration, sorry I have no fix here, just sharing my other attempts to find an alarm that tells me what it's about. Reminders work for a few goes them just stop. I too have a short term memory problem - inattentive ADHD - daily reminders are really important to me. I can't believe that such a basic function on a watch that cost me nearly nearly 300 quid and is stuffed full of other fancy functions that I don't need, doesn't work! I have calendars on the walls and a daily piece of paper and pencil in my pocket, but these don't beep. I was using google clock alarms on my android phone, these do work great, an alarm that you can type a title for, as many of them as you want. But I got fed up of having to repeatedly refer to my phone and always have it with me, time is best on your wrist. I searched the internet for a simple watch with alarms and a bit of text, no such thing 😞 I bought a TicWatch Pro because they said google clock alarms would work on it, nope. Yes it synced with google clock on my phone, but when the alarms went off the title didn't show up so I didn't know what the alarm was about, useless, I sent it back.  Then I bought an even more expensive Samsung Galaxy 46mm (big battery) because their sales blurb said it would work, nope. The samsung alarms have no text. It does sync google clock alarms with my phone but they don't even make any sound or vibrate!!! World's most useless alarm. Again this watch is beginning to feel useless to me, I'll probably send it back too. Come on Google and Samsung and Tic why the hell can't you make such a simple and really important function work! 😞

0 Likes
Jdjshsskkkssjnn
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. 

0 Likes
Dereky
First Poster
Options

As mine is still under warranty I sent it in for repair 2 days ago, lets see what happens. If it still doesn't work I may as well send it back for a refund and go back to carrying my phone around. For the repair I phoned Samsung on this number (UK) 0333 000 0333 and after a couple of menu clicks found a human! They took some details and arranged a PDP courier to pick it up, they photograph it, put it in packaging they provide and give you a label of receipt. They said I'd get it back in about 10 days. Here's a thing - the DPD driver was wearing exactly the same watch and has no problem with his reminders, mind you he only got it at christmas, I got mine in August and it was fine for about 3 months? At first I tried to arrange a repair via their website but could not successfully navigate to book it in, that's when I hunted out a phone number and found a human to talk too. Fingers crossed they can fix it! By the way my lowest recorded heartbeat when asleep was 42bpm!

0 Likes
GeorgioD
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, so I had this same problem and ended up here. After that I realized that my watch was on silent mode, so I put it on vibrate and it all worked again. It is so easy, but maybe it will be the solution for some of you... 

0 Likes
Robin Saluja
First Poster
Options

Facing the same issue after the last update. Each time when the alarm or reminder rings even on mobile the galaxy wearable application keep on giving error message.

Screenshot_20210506-084013_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Dereky
First Poster
Options

Hi Robin and all. I'm sorry to hear you're also having problems with this expensive tech. There seams to be a few different reasons for reminders not working here, ah well. I'm happy to report though that since I got my watch back from its warranty repair (see my post above on 28th Jan), the reminders and everything else have been working fine. They replaced the motherboard. One thing i have realised when using reminders, is that when they appear you must acknowledge them, tick 'complete' even if you don't act on them. If you (I) don't then they don't go off again next time and queue up in the Passed list. This wasn't my watches problem by the way, reminders were popping up at wrong random times or not at all. Anyhoo I hope that helps.

Before I go I'll briefly mention another annoying problem that has come to light, for which I have found a work round for now. Don't continue a discussion on it here, there are plenty other threads about this that I will chip in my grumble to shortly.

Its about the music app since the software update around the start of the year. When I'm bluetoothing from my phone to earbuds, or speaker in the kitchen, or the car, the music app on the watch pics up on it too (shown by a little blue note dancing away at the bottom of the watch screen). I need to keep bluetooth phone-watch on for reminders to work).

As I'm listening to a lot of podcasts lately this is massively draining the watch battery! It used to last several days now its flat in a day or less!. The music app can't be deleted or stopped.

Here's my bodge fix for now - Each time I start a new listening app or track/story on my phone, I go to the music app on the watch, top right corner of its home screen there's a phone symbol, press this and it changes to a watch symbol. It toggles between playing stuff from the phone or the watch, this stops it picking up from the phone. There is a samsung tune on my watch music app and and it only plays if you press play. Its a fudge that's saving my battery for now until Samsung sort this one out.

Cheers for now. Derek.

0 Likes