Did you mean: 

Has Samsung solved the problem of front and back of a watch coming unglued

(Topic created on: 03-06-2023 10:34 PM)
Alun135
Explorer
Options
I have an active 2 galaxy watch
Both the front and back of the watch has come unstuck
I believe possibly from over heating when charging the adhesive is breaking down.
Has Samsung sorted the problem on the newer watches
Thinking now of the 4/5 as being the newest
It usualy happens approximately 2 years from new
So....
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I do know someone who's active 2 did the same. In the 2 years I owned mine, never had that problem. I've owned the watch 4 and now 5 with no problems. I know it hasn't been 2 years, I've not read any posts on the issue. Don't think I've read any on reddit either, if that's any help. It's certainly not an issue I have come across on the latest models, yet.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Same, I haven't had any issues with mine either and I have had gw3, 4 and 5 but I don't keep them for more than a year
Alun135
Explorer
Options
Ok Thanks Fiona when I first had this problem quite a number of people had this problem I was advised to use B700 glue to stick it down as Samsung charged over £100 just to look at it.
There is a double sided adhesive seal that goes under the watch face again in the back.
You can apply this glue to the surface without dismantling the watch.
The back ensure you put it back in the same original position otherwise you loose you BP function like I have.
It's good to know that the current ones have not yet developed this problem.
Thanks
Alun
Members_Jths17J
First Poster
Options

Hello guys.
I have a same issue. Front face unglued after 2 years use, with a Galaxy watch active 2
I removed the old adhesif, replaced it by a new "compatible", bought on the web, but without success.
(this new adhesif seal seems to be bad quality).
I'm looking for an alternative solution. 
Is the use of B700 glue is OK ? Do I need to remove the current adhesif seal before applying this glue ?
Thank you by advance for your advice.
Regards
Laurent

0 Likes