Did you mean: 

Gear S3 steps not displaying with S Health app on Note 8

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 05:08 PM)
Chrisk4
First Poster
Options

Hello There,

Today is 7/9/2020

The last time steps from my gear S3 synced with S health was March 2, 2018 as shown on S Health.

The Total daily "all steps" are higher than for  just the phone steps alone.

So am guessing the Gear S3 steps are making it to the phone but not displaying.

I want to count and see the watch steps only. These are currenly shown as zero (0).

How do I fix this problem.

Thank You,

C

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Chrisk4: Do you have the Gear S3 synced with your phone via the Galaxy Wearables app? If so, open Samsung Health on your phone, go to your Step Counter, select 'All Steps' and choose 'Watch Only' to see if this helps.
0 Likes
Chrisk4
First Poster
Options

Hello Andrew,

I have the G3 sync through the Galaxy wearables app.

When I choose the "watch only" steps in S Health, it shows 0 steps.

This has been a problem for a long while.

I uninstalled both S Health and Wearables app and reset the phone as well. No luck.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Chrisk4: Was 'Watch Only' selected previously, or was it set to 'Phone' or 'Phone and Watch'? If you only just changed the setting, next time you exercise please make sure that the Step Counter is active on your Gear S3, and that the watch is successfully tracking your steps, and see what happens when you sync the results to S Health on your phone.
0 Likes
Chrisk4
First Poster
Options

Hello Andrew,

I've been changing these settings for more than 6 months to try to get it to work and only now posted here on the support board.

Have tried all combinations of settings, turned off/on over the last few months to get it to sync.SmartSelect_20200709-131538_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200709-131440_Samsung Health.jpgSmartSelect_20200709-131522_Samsung Health.jpgSmartSelect_20200709-131558_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
Chrisk4
First Poster
Options

I think the Gear S3 should have a link like shown above.

Mine does not show a link chain.

0 Likes