Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 frontier and android p

(Topic created on: 08-08-2018 07:34 AM)
Arnie
Student
Options

Hi,

I am a Google pixel user and my phone got updated to the goodness android pie 9 last night. But I am now in situation the Gear s app stops as soon as it is started. Customer support has been useless! Is their a plan when the app will be fixed as my S3 is now a paper weight.

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
DizzyC
Student
Options
Same here,
And this is a known issue and reported by many users months ago since the public betas of Pie appeared.
Thei Gear S Plugin NEVER worked on Android Pie.
But they are just bot interested in helping. They are just staling or denying the problem.

They are probably hoping people will instead buy their phones. With their upgrade record their phones are not gonna get android pie a year from now so... no hurry there.

Some people even tried to take things in their own hands and fixed the bugs in Samsung apps so they work with Android P. With good success actually. The only thing that did not work from me was that Samsung Health would not sync the steps recorded by my Gear S3.

See this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3/help/gear-s3-android-p-t3773646
0 Likes
DizzyC
Student
Options
By the way, I had to revert to Android Oreo to have everything working again. So... well done Samsung..
0 Likes
Arnie
Student
Options

@DizzyC wrote:
By the way, I had to revert to Android Oreo to have everything working again. So... well done Samsung..

Thanks... Yes I have just flashed Oreo back... I am now hoping Google launches a watch and I will never buy sam***** ever again.. I love my pixel and the pure android experience

0 Likes
SunSpot
First Poster
Options

This is such a joke.

Why should I have to reset my phone and roll back to Oreo just to use my watch? 

Being forced to use older software totally negates the reason to have a Pixel phone in the first place - and surely Samsung have a responsibility to make sure their devices work with current builds of Android? 

The ridiculous lack of response from Samsung and poor customer service is exactly why I would never buy one of their phones. 

0 Likes