Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear fit2 pro needs to warm up

(Topic created on: 16-05-2019 06:41 AM)
User22112211
Student
Options

i was trying to charge my gear fit2 pro but i won't charge. It shows a blinking alert sign with a thermometer inside, and when i turn it on it says :"Can't charge gear. Battery needs to warm up"

I tried cleaning the charging dock and the back of the watch but it didn't work. What can i do

234CDDFE-B805-43A6-8B88-3D40042802A1.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17
Tinks101
First Poster
Options

Is there a solution to this? Mine started playing up now. When trying to charge, either says battery needs to cool down or warm up. Display goes all mental and gear will switch itself off after a few minutes. Goes quite warm when on charger too.

0 Likes
SammySungUser
Apprentice
Options

This is my second post BTW and these are not solutions, offering them in case its useful to anyone.

There are two YouTube videos on this for the Gear Fit2.

+ The first one is about getting the watch to charge by plugging the cradle into a computer (not a USB charger):

https://youtu.be/mYqO87D4QNU

+ The second one is accessing the boot loader menu which allows you to reset the device without going through the user menus:

https://youtu.be/JKLAppeLaJA

The hope was that some sort of software/ operating system reset could be performed, that would allow the gear to clear the error message. Hasn't worked for me but there is more than one boot load option.

If not, this is some sort of hardware failure. If this works for anyone, please let us know how you get on. Thanks!

Mhenry
First Poster
Options

Mine just started this last night. I needed answers too

0 Likes
Punisherp
Student
Options

Having the exact same problem. 

0 Likes
Punisherp
Student
Options

Yes there should be some kind of consequences I ask Samsung just to make sure before I got in the pool and take at their word , now I dont have my watch

0 Likes
Ahmed_Aref
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue after not using the fit for months becuase I lost the charger, and when I got a charger and connect the charger it was not charging and I saw big white rectangle without any text.

It seems like the issue is related to one of the fit sensors either milfunctioning or report bad values.

I able to fix the issue by disassimble it and clean all gold contact parts using alcohol and remove all dust inside it, once I did it starts charging perfectly again.

0 Likes
Riggers66
First Poster
Options

Samsung are not interested in any problems we have once they have our money. They are the most inconsiderate and insensitive company out there. We spend a lot of hard earned money on their sub-standard, not fit for purpose products and when they fail they are unwilling to help solve what appears to be common issues.

They are not worthy of our money 🤬

0 Likes
Theerapop
First Poster
Options

Did you use the fast charging usb socket (the orange one on the charger)?

Try with the basic usb 1A (the green one).

0 Likes