Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy4 Sleep tracking seems bad

(Topic created on: 16-09-2021 03:00 AM)
Stylos
Explorer
Options

If you dare to wake up in the middle of the night to hit the toilet, it's game over according to Galaxy watch 4. You slept for the night and good to go and it stops tracking.

But I slept for another 4 hours after I hit the toilet. It didn't take it into account. This happens every time.

It also doesn't like it when it has to give you deep sleep and it's more than happy to register your whole night as light sleep.

I kinda regretted it that I gave my  Fitbit away.

21 REPLIES 21
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
@Stylos I agree with you there. I wake up during the night quite a lot, to nip to the bathroom, to have a drink, or even to do some work that's stressing me out! ?y old GWA2 had no problem dealing with this. In fact, the GWA2 would automatically turn on Bedtime Mode when I went to sleep - no such luck so far on the GW4.

However, I'm aware that the GW4 hasn't had it's first software update yet, so I'm hoping this, the non-tracking of Sleep Blood Oxygen, and my inability to make contactless payments with the watch will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update. A guy can dream!

Best wishes,
Tom 😀
gazd101
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone manage to get any better than 4% deep sleep? I know the old galaxy watch had issues with sleep tracking but kind of hoped the new sleep tracking the advert spoke of would include a more accurate attempt at sleep tracking. I regularly get sleep scores or low 40’s and 0 deep sleep even when iv slept like a log and feel great

Stylos
Explorer
Options

I get 40-49 most of the time. I get only 5 minutes of deep sleep or so

Now, how can a multibillionaire company can't manage to sort this out, it's beyond me. 

Most trackers nowadays created a good algorithm and are close to perfecting it.

RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I've not had one minute of deep sleep recorded as of yet. Have managed to get oxygen saturation during sleep working and snore detection.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I did get this really helpful recording though. Screenshot_20210901-230000_Samsung Health_25910.jpg
gazd101
Apprentice
Options

Crazy how an app someone developed and rolled out for the new watch for a few pound can do a better job than the app Samsung developed with all there money and resources and they have had years to get it better but don’t seem to have bothered at all

Stylos
Explorer
Options

I also think they didn't bother at all.

They will bother only if apple will track your sleep better. Apple seems also bad at it with Fitbit being the best of all tracker during sleep.

Apple is good at tracking heartbeat in almost all situations and Samsung is bad overall.

They won't bother.

NINJER
Explorer
Options

I've been sleep tracking for a couple of days now to test effectiveness / reliability vs previous data.

The watch 4 is horrendous, it thinks i've only had 10 - 15 minutes of deep sleep a night. making my total sleep pattern 3 - 5 hours sleep a night + 1 hour of being awake.

The other stats like light sleeping, being awak, or REM seem to be close enough, but the deep sleep is totally wrong.

I deffinitly get 1- 2 hours of deep sleep, 1 hour of REM, total 1 hour random wakeups and 4 hours of light sleep average. 6-7 hours  + 1 hour of waking up.

Jinzz
Student
Options

Oh god it's same here. And there's proof that it sucks! https://youtu.be/SHp-NiGM5-k 

I feel bad for selling my fitbit charge 4 now.... watch 4 does nothing in term of fitness tracking.