Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy2 watch & Samsung Pay keeps popping up

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 07:41 PM)
LakeGirl
Student
Options

Samsung Pay continuously pops up on my watch. Then it says to open the Galaxy Wearable app on my phone and install. It does it non stop until my battery is dead. How can I get this removed? I have already gone to the app and hit the red dash to remove but it doesn't make a difference. 

10 REPLIES 10
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
I always delete most of samsungs apps as the Google counter part is better. Go into your apps on watch and uninstall the Samsung pay
0 Likes
tomikoko
Student
Options

I am hoping for an answer to this... mine is doing the exact same. I don't want to have to buy another watch. I love samsung watches but this issue has me considering other brands. 

tomikoko
Student
Options

I've reset the watch, removed the app from phone, but it doesn't fully delete on the watch. Samsung pay is activated using the top button and that button isn't working anymore so I think it's stuck in a way that keeps opening samsung pay. Usually you long hold the top button to activate samsung pay. 

Shae-
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same issue. Started off as popping up once an hour. Was annoying, but manageable. There are times that it pops up every 5 minutes. I have tried a factory reset on the watch and force close on the app with no success. My watch is now out of warranty :(. There has to be a fix somewhere as this seems like it is an issues for multiple people.
@tomikoko my button is still working and still have the same issue, you might have something caught in your button??

AxtellStacie
Apprentice
Options

SAME PROBLEM!! VERY ANNOYING!! 

AxtellStacie
Apprentice
Options

Please tell me how. I've deleted it every way I can think of, Un-installed it even on my phone but it's nonstop trying to get me to set it up on my Watch. It's making me crazy & now the back button stopped working.. literally all at the same time. It's like it hijacked my back button when it decided to go Samsung Pay crazy.... 

veagle
Apprentice
Options

But you can not delete or disable this one on the watch

veagle
Apprentice
Options

I also would like an answer but it doesn't seem that anyone from Samsung pays attention to our problems. I see there are posts about this Samsung Pay popping up for no reason in the community as far back at 2019. So for 3 yrs that A. have not fixed it or B. don't give a *****.

veagle
Apprentice
Options

Exactly what I am going through. I've had to go back to wearing the free fitbit my insurance company sent me. I want my Samsung Watch to work!!! That thing was not cheap to buy.