Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Sleep Tracking issues

(Topic created on: 24-05-2020 11:35 AM)
Luck2
First Poster
Options

Samsung galaxy watch 42mm.

Sleep tracking does not seem to work. 

The last 3 nights I am recorded as having no deep sleep and less sleep than I would have thought.

I have HR tracking on always with goodnight mode and do not disturb. 

Any ideas?

43 REPLIES 43
Kjelldahl
Student
Options

Do you guys experience inaccurate measurements too? Like with sleep tracking it says I get about 10 minutes of deep sleep every night and my bf over an hour minimally. So last night we decided to switch watches and see what happened. And guess what, I had a solid 2 hours of deep sleep according to his watch, while my watch said he had 9 minutes of deep sleep. So I'm sure my smartwatch doesn't measure the deep sleep even a bit close to accurate.. does anyone have any advice? 😅

gran_apuesta
First Poster
Options
Did the hard reset as advised by one poster and made sure HR tracking was set to continuous. Problem solved!
Kiwiguy
Student
Options

If you have recently run an upgrade. From galaxy watch app, advanced settings. Disable theater and good night modes. Also under screen wakeup same menu disable wakeup gesture and touch wakeup. Set timeout to 15sec. Do hard reboot by holding select button for 5+ secs. 

SillyAnn
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Bought my watch around Christmas from Best Buy. I too bought for the sleep monitoring. I'm returning it.

0 Likes
Overmanculture
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem a few months back then Samsung must have done an update as it worked fine. Now it's back again doesn't record sleep correctly and also the incline

0 Likes
JSGiroux
First Poster
Options

I did everything mentioned here, hard reset, heart rate monitor always on etc and it still only record about one hour of sleep it all started last weekend. I bought this watch for health tracking and sleep tracking. It's the second problem in about a year. First it decided to not keep it's charge for more than a day so I had to send it away for repair and now this. I'm starting to consider just getting another brand like Garmin or Suunto

Samantha45
Student
Options

Did anyone figure out a solution? My watch has the newest update, I use to use the sleep tracker, but then stopped wearing my watch for about a month. Since I started wearing my watch again (about 2 weeks), it either doesn't record my sleep at all, records an hour out of 7-10 hours, or records that I was sleeping, while I was awake. 

zeidinio
Student
Options
I'll try to secure my strap tonight. Hope it works.
0 Likes
Bozhovich
First Poster
Options

Hi Samantha,
The same happened to my watch. I'd brought it to the official warranty service and they changed the main chip (or something like that, the same as the motherboard in PC), and as I understood - that failure has happened with SW devices sometimes. You may check any issues with your watch with a special menu (engineering mode or test mode) - see the video how to reach such mode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zan4aLyWvK0
tap on "sensor" option and you 'll see the sensors working status on your watch and if some of these sensors status look like a failed- it's the only one way to fix it: use Samsung warranty service.
I hope it was helpfull.

BR, 

Eugene.

0 Likes
qalaxyW3
Student
Options

My GW3 will say I am sleeping while watching a movie then not record sleep the rest of the night.  I had a fitbit that worked so much better.