Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch plugin asking for login again and again

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 09:50 PM)
VikrantSingh
First Poster
Options

Gear plugin keep on asking for the credential on my phone again and again which has cause drain my phone's battery. I have oneplus 6t with Android 10. It really very frustrating and stopping me to use the Galaxy watch.

49 REPLIES 49
vahidm90
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased a Samsung Active 2 gear and I'm having the same issue. Whenever I unlock my Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Running on Android 😎 there's a Samsung sign-in page. It just never goes away no matter how many times I sign in using the correct credentials!

It's a pity folks at Samsung have never replied to this question after nearly 6 months. I wish I had seen their level of support before I went for the gear.

vahidm90
Apprentice
Options

Update: I believe the problem has something to do with the 2-factor authentication (i.e. verification code sent to a mobile number after the email and password for the Samsung account is provided). The reason for my opinion is that the screen which keeps appearing on my phone never asks for a code after sign in. I can't recall if I have set the option "don't verify this device from now on".

_Tuomas_
Journeyman
Options

Text slighty edited.

Hi all, I have OnePlus 8 Pro and Galaxy Watch3.
I'm also having the same login credentials issue when trying to backup the watch settings.
I also get the never ending login loop when trying to enable Bixby.

When I did reset my watch, the phones wearable app did remember what watch faces etc. I had installed.
Seems that the app does save some info to the cloud, just doesen't want to work with Bixby and backup features.

I also have a issue with scanning the watch filesystem from the wearable phone app, it seems to take rather long time to finish.

Looking details from the battery and memory used works just fine.

Are you able to see the content of the filesystem from wearable phone app?

I did install one filemanager app to the watch and was able to see the filesystem.
So the watch itself has access to the filesystem.

So far I have done:
- Removed all the Samsung wearable apps and plugins from phone.
- Restarted phone
- Reinstalled the wearable apps
- Factory reseted the watch.

Nothing has helped.

Tktc
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem, tried entering my name and password when it pops up but not sure what else to do.  It's very annoying, watch is brand new - the connection drops out sometimes as well... I wonder I would be better taking it back and buying a different watch instead as no idea how to get support with this.

JW221
Apprentice
Options

Same issue. I contacted Samsung chat and they advised to uninstall and reinstall the app.... But it did nothing to resolve the issue.

JW221
Apprentice
Options

Have been on 3 live chats in the past 1 week. The lady on chat today finally said we can't do anything more so provided the phone support line. I called the helpdesk. 1800 216 454 in Australia. 1st time I called the guy asked me all questions that I'd tried before (clear cache, uninstall reinstall, update app) then he just hung up. 2nd time the tech asked me a few questions again and then midway conversation he disconnected. 3rd time the phone rang and it just hung up. Out of options? Anything else I can try?

JonathanMaSu
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here with a Watch Active 2 and a Huawei Mate 20. Ask for login almost every 5 minutes. It's very annoying. Doesn't matter if you put right the password, the app will ask again for login in 5 minutes. 

CoolMonk_123
First Poster
Options

Hi @JonathanMaSu, I have bought the Watch Active 2 a couple of days back. I use Mi A1 mobile and facing the same issue as you. It's very annoying and it keeps on asking to login no matter if you logged in a few minutes back. Looking for a solution desperately but couldn't find any. Hope Samsung provides a solution.

JonathanMaSu
Apprentice
Options

Nobody from Samsung here to answer this topic? I'm very disappointed