Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Floor Count Issues

(Topic created on: 17-07-2019 02:25 PM)
Venison_2103
Apprentice
Options

I've seen loads of threads complaining about inconsistencies in the floor counting on Galaxy watches; all of them seem to be unsolved (asides from Samsung's poor effort at just telling its users to reset, recallibrate and refresh everything (oldest story in the book), standard I.T. bod "turn it off and on" rubbish :D)!!

Haven't had time to look through all the threads to see if someone has spotted a fix, so this might have already been talked about...but, I think I may have cracked it!

If you go into the "Alti-Barometer" app through the watch, when it's on the "Altimeter" screen you'll see a last refreshed status at the bottom. If that hasn't been refreshed for a while, the watch will either assume you're much lower than you currently are (which would give wildly high floor count reads) or much higher than you currently are (giving no reads at all for climbing stairs or going up a hill!). Scroll over to the 3rd page in the app (past the "Barometer" page) and you should see a list of settings; click on "CHANGE" and make sure you turn on "Auto refresh". Et voila!

This has worked for me...I hope it brings solice to all you other Galaxy Watch users :smiling-face:

23 REPLIES 23
Marc-PDX
First Poster
Options

I figured this out today too and just created a new post (before seeing this one) to report that - and suggest to Samsung to make the elevation gain used to calculate One Floor a Setting that we can change since many people have stairs that are a bit less than 9 feet. Hardcoding that setting was a mistake. Customer dissatisfaction and online rants is the result (Samsung should care about that, at least).

0 Likes
JeanChang
Apprentice
Options

I was so hopeful when I read this solution. I immediately changed my settings as you suggested, then tried going up and down my stairs. The first time it did show one floor, and I was amazed that it worked, but then I went up and down again, and this time it did not show any floors for me--only new steps.  Ah, but then! Another floor showed up about a minute later. I hope this continues to work! Thanks so much for this great tip!

0 Likes
JeanChang
Apprentice
Options

Well, I guess it was too good to last.  It worked for a few days, but I no longer get floors counted. I recalibrated Alti-Barometer, but still get nothing. I have it set to Auto Refresh.

Has anyone else found a way to make the floors get counted?

0 Likes
JeanChang
Apprentice
Options

Well, it worked for a few times, but no longer works. I have tried refreshing, restarting, etc., auto refresh, but no dice. So sad...

0 Likes