Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch: Bug - WiFi setting changes itself to "Always On" or "Always Off" when it was on auto and watch is restarted

(Topic created on: 06-01-2019 11:07 PM)
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Problem: WiFi setting automatically changed itself from "Auto" to "Always On". I just tried to replicate it again and this time it changed itself to "Always Off"

How to replicate:

1. Ensure watch has a WiFi network configured and set its WiFi setting to "Auto". 
  2. Power it off
  3. Power it back on again
  4. Check the WiFi setting

Anything else of note: When originally setting up WiFi on the watch I did set the watch temporarily to "Always On" so I could make it connect to my WiFi network just to try it out. After that, I set it back to Auto and didn't touch it again.

9 REPLIES 9
DelaVandaag
First Poster
Options

On mine it changes the Wifi setting from off to on automatically (well, without touching the settings ...). That is even worse.

0 Likes
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

After the latest update this is still an issue. Could someone look into it please as it's really annoying. I occasionally have to restart this watch due to other bugs (such as the heart rate monitor no longer working) and every time the WiFi setting changes itself. My guess is that it sets itself to whatever the connection state was when it was powered off, rather than keeping itself on auto if that's what it was set to.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @ConcreteLlama.

Our developer was unable to reproduce this one at their end. Is this issue still happening for you? If so, are you able to use the Members app to send an error report and log files their way?

(For anyone else out there experiencing the same issue, please do the same.)

0 Likes
MS81888
First Poster
Options

I don't have this problem.

I have another one. Sometime I loose my wifi. The watch try to connect the WiFi but It can't. To use again the WiFi I have to forget the WiFi and connect it again with the password and it's work again.

Does somedody have the problem?

0 Likes
fr3sh
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem like IMS81888. Is anyone solved this problem?

0 Likes
vvv850
Student
Options

Same issue here as MS81888

0 Likes
slawmilcz
First Poster
Options

The same issue on my side - the watch doesn't connect to WiFi automaticaly when out of bluetooth range

(you need to 'forget' the saved network then re-enter the password and connect manually. 

BTW:

the WiFi issue is reported on various Samsung forums (in US and EU) and I found no support/response from Samsung to help people there.

For me this is a basic feature for the watch to stay connected and receive notifications from phone in WiFi range.

Very annoying - reason for complaint and return of the watch.

scousedavid
Apprentice
Options

I have this same issue , cant connect to my wifi , the watch trys but can not establish a connection , only way around it , is to forget network , anyone else aware of this issue?

0 Likes
susanTclontz
First Poster
Options

Galaxy Watch Wifi ...at work (guest and requires no pw) Connects , then almost automatically says "unable to connect to WIFI network, sign in procedure not supported"

0 Likes