Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active2 - factory reset by itself

(Topic created on: 20-06-2022 06:55 PM)
miked4937
First Poster
Options

Hello, I want to express my frustration and perhaps warn other Galaxy Watch users of what happened to me today.

I have a Samsung Galaxy M21 that I use together with Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2. Today I performed a factory reset on my phone, after doing this I naturally wanted to pair it with my watch again. I installed the Galaxy Wearable app, and after trying to pair them I got an error message telling me that I have to reset my watch. That wouldn't be too much of an issue to me, I would just save all the data, layouts, apps etc. that I had saved on my watch and then perform the reset as requested. But for some reason, without any input from me on either the phone or the watch, the watch just started resetting by itself. I didn't click anything, and there wasn't any prompt asking me if I want to perform the reset. There was no way to stop it, and the factory reset did indeed wipe everything.

I know that the data is likely gone so I'm not requesting help in this matter, I only wanted to warn others of this bug and perhaps ask if I had done something wrong. I didn't unpair the watch from the phone before I performed the factory reset on the phone, which may have been a contributing factor, but I'm not sure if it matters.

1 REPLY 1
fruitypaul
First Poster
Options

had the same issue today. to be honest, i dont even like the watch that much. got the galaxy watch 1, but never really used it because everything is just not developed well. and today the reset, oh man, nothings really working with this *****. cant use spotify because the app is garbage, there is no google pay to be used on this watch, connection loss to my phone too often.. just to mention a few.

dont know, maybe ill sell it for a quick buck.. alright man, take care:)

0 Likes