Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 not working after swimming.

(Topic created on: 06-06-2022 02:00 PM)
FrankieJ13
First Poster
Options

Here in 2022 and now have a nonfunctioning Galaxy Watch Active 2 after swimming. I set water lock mode before, but now the watch does not seem to do anything.  I thought the watch active 2 was waterproof.  I have now checked several message boards here and Reddit and see many others with dead watches after swimming. Is this official? The Galaxy Watch Active 2 is not waterproof even after water lock mode is enabled.

17 REPLIES 17
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, the watch is only water resistant. It can handle being dropped for a short while in water or under a slow running tap. The pressure when swimming is way beyond what it can endure.
0 Likes
S a m _-_ S u n g
Helping Hand
Options

@Pugs1957, if you don't know, so do not mislead others. Samsung Active 2 (all versions, like and all newer models from Samsung) have 5ATM, it's mean that you can swim with this watch, but can't to dive. All information you can find in Samsung web site - Galaxy Watch Active2 (44mm) | SM-R820NZKABTU | Samsung Business UK. It's from Samsung web site: "* Galaxy Watch Active2 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under the ISO standard 22810:2010. It is not suitable for diving or high-pressure water activities. If the device or your hands are wet, they must be dried thoroughly prior to handling.* US Military Standard Compliant (MIL-STD-810G)". 5ATM protection is:"The above devices have been certified to 5ATM standards. This means that they are water resistant to up to 50 metres in depth for 10 minutes. They are now suitable for low-velocity and shallow-water activities, including swimming. You can enjoy more freedom to explore, stay connected, and capture the adventure" This information also is from Samsung web site - What is 5ATM? | Samsung Australia

@FrankieJ13, can be many reason why after swim watch do not working:

1. It got dirty water, i'm not sure pool's water or any lake/sea/river water is recommendation. But this is wasn't mentioned. But as i know from others manufacturers (for example Sony with phone protection) recommending is only clean water without dirties, impurities and etc.

2. Holes is damaged and water entered inside watch

I advice you to bring to technical authorized support for details.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The link also states
●     Do not keep the device in water: 

-     for more than one hour; 

-     deeper than 10cm for more than 30 minutes; or 

-     deeper than 1.5 metres for more than 10 minutes.

They are not as rugged as people think or as you suggest.
0 Likes
S a m _-_ S u n g
Helping Hand
Options

@Pugs1957, but is not written:" only water resistant. It can handle being dropped for a short while in water or under a slow running tap. The pressure when swimming is way beyond what it can endure.". It's written for short time, but with possibility to swim. Do not mislead other people, one more time asking. Also always share links, to say here we can all anybody, but always is need to share proof. Where did you found information. Clear?

P.S. 5ATM protection is not simple "only water resistant". It's higher level as "only water resistant". Waterproof or water resistant? What's behind an IP rating? · Jabra Blog Check a little bit in ratings. And once more time The Comprehensive Guide To IP Ratings | RS Components (rs-online.com). Now check what is mean 5ATM which rating have Samsung Active 2 watch - Water Resistant Gadgets Aren’t Waterproof: What You Need to Know (howtogeek.com), also 5ATM Vs IP68 Water Resistance: What's The Difference? - Wristweargear. For clearer, as i mentioned in past post Samsung itself wrote that with Samsung Active 2 (as i know with newer models too) user can swim, but can't dive. Is written time, distance and etc. Fact is that can swim. Do not mislead that. This protection is not only from rain, splash and etc. It's higher as i know protection right now in smartwatches from most popular companies. I did not read, did not heard about 10ATM now. IPXX protection have some variant where you can't swim. With 5ATM you can swim. Only is limited time and distance. But fact is that you can swim. Clear? You writing that protection is weaker. It's not true. This is lie. You mislead others with that.

P.S. I do not suggest nothing, i just sharing information which is posted in Samsung or other technologies web sites. You again mislead others. Looks like you do not understand right what you reading, listening and etc. You distorting information. I just wrote that with Active 2 you can swim. You underestimate protection. Nobody wrote that this protection is immortal. But you deny FACT THAT WITH THIS WATCH YOU CAN SWIM. Clear? I suggest you to keep your own opinion for yourself, because you mislead others or share please proof where is written by Samsung that you can't swim with this watch. I post link with text in Samsung web site, official source where is written you can swim. In other way please just shut up. Thanks.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I suggest you watch your tone. Why didn't you reply to the post instead of criticising? Never have you made a valid contribution to the forum. I am not going to indulge you by being argumentative and aggressive like you are.

Also, I did inform you where the text came from ie your link What is 5ATM? | Samsung Australia

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@S a m _-_ S u n g: While I appreciate that frustrations can arising where differing viewpoints are concerned, please try to refrain from abusive comments, and understand that everyone here is trying to work together towards a common goal. 

S a m _-_ S u n g
Helping Hand
Options

@AndrewL, "to shut up" is normal English sentence. I did not tried to be rude or something like this. But if human do not understand from first time when he/she mislead others you trying to say that he/she maybe have to shut up at all, because lie is much more i think is worse as to say shut up. Simple? Simple. By the way this is not different opinion, this is lie and deny of some facts. As Samsung face you have to understand that much more. By the way report did i of mislead, why i have to read your warning of normal English language?

@Pugs1957, who are you to explain me what to do? My tone is normal. Shut up like i wrote to AndrewL is normal English text which it doesn't mean that i was or i'm rude with you. If human deny fact which is wrote in official web site you simple asking maybe is time to shut up? To troll (i think you special trying to mislead, maybe i'm wrong. But usually people which getting official information agree that they was wrong. You still writing yours lie, which do not have nothing in common with true) here is not allowed i think. Simple? Simple. First your wrote that text is form US Samsung, now writing from Australia which link i shared. I will suggest you to do something too, but maybe i will shut up right now. Because looks like that you just trying to do here chaose. I will not go with that. Have a nice day with your own "true" and different opinion. By the way i don't want to continue this conversation further. So use my advice. Just ignore this my post. 

0 Likes
m4r5h9
First Poster
Options
Frankie j13, I'm suffering from the same issue 🙈
0 Likes
misty62
First Poster
Options
My watch died too.so swam first day with watch was great recording my lengths how quick strokes etc. Used it day 2 and just keeps saying watch rebooting.
What I don't understand people are saying shouldn't swim so why does it have the swimming mode exercise on the watch. Why was it ok in my first swim which is confusing