Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 Heart rate issues

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 11:11 PM)
MattS2
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is having any similar issues to me re the heart rate tracking or could advise further.

Only got the watch a few days ago, but I've noticed I don't get a resting heart rate measurement for each day? It tracks my heart rate throughout the day but never gives me a RHR reading.

Also, I've just been swimming with the watch today, and the didn't track my heart rate at all - the sensor doesn't even light up on the back when I start a pool workout. Does anyone know if the watch is meant to be able to track when swimming? If so - any advice anyone can give?

I have the watch set to measure HR continuously too.

Cheers everyone!

69 REPLIES 69
Alex_Manc1990
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, please could you check with the software developers for the data captures for RHR. I'm really struggling to get any RHR whilst in continuous mode, even with the info you provided. I sit very sit and it still doesn't give me any data. 

All I get for RHR is "--". If this can't be resolved, I think I will return the Galazy Active 2 watch.

Tracy71
Student
Options

My heart rate sensor stoped working after the last update 10/26/2019. I was waiting on a software update that would fix it. I think I'm going to have to send it back to Samsung for a fix. Did you get yours fixed?

Tracy71
Student
Options

How long did it take to get it back? Is it working good now?

CanuckinAU
Explorer
Options

No.i returned the watch and haven't looked back. I'll either wait till the next model or break down and get an apple watch. At least I know it works.

Smalltalker
First Poster
Options

I have been really worried about my resting heart rate that seems to stay above 90 and 100 while I am sitting for long periods.  But I didn't feel bad.  I even asked the advice of a doctor.  Then I measured my heartbeat with a finger pulse meter which showed 63 while the Samsung was showing 98 and higher.  Samsung, you need to fix this.  With a lack of all the other promised functionality like EKG, at least I would like to track my RHR.  I was confused that my resting rate is so high but I can't get my HR while exercising above 125.  

Tra41
Journeyman
Options

I also have the active 2 and my settings are set at continuous monitoring. I get heart rate and it is very responsive, but it wont give me a resting heart rate. I facotry reset it and it worked for 1 day. Now today it doesn't work again. 

VikingAle
Pioneer
Options

Hello Smalltalker!

A temporary Workaround seems to be to just re-start the watch. Mine also randomly tells me my Heart Rate is 100% higher than it is, and can do that for long periods, like 15-20 minutes, no matter what I do in terms of strap adjustment or siting of the watch to my wrist.

But, a quick shut down and re-start (use the lower right button, long hold to get to the Power Off icon, and press again after 10 or so seconds to re-start)), and the Heart Rate usually sorts itself out and resumes a correct reading.

I don't know how long this fixes the issue, the Jury is out on that!

VikingAle

rriva78
Helping Hand
Options

I had a replacement with a new one. Same problems. No daily briefing , no RHR , HR sometimes hangs on high values. I'm 100% sure on a  software issue 

VikingAle
Pioneer
Options

Hello rriva78!

Agreed it does seem to be Software.

SAMSUNG are now promoting the soon to be released SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active 3, which is disappointing, given that they have yet to sort out the problems with the SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active 2 in terms of Heart Rate accuracy, Sleep Logging and the key long awaited - and still missing - ECG Feature, that many only bought this watch for.

VikingAle

Luciancherlea
First Poster
Options

Typical Samsung *****. Let's just sell a device and we can worry about the features later on. I'm I wrongly assuming that when buying a smart (active) watch one would expect the device to be able to provide feedback on heart rate and so on without having to actually stop ??? That is just ridiculous,  the same as your ecg, and on the same par as your scam regarding the actual LTE pairing . Shame on you Samsung!