Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch active 2 doesn't know it's on my wrist??!

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 01:51 AM)
Six8Cat
First Poster
Options

When I put the watch on and put my arm down the screen turns off and my security lock activates as if the watch is not on my wrist. Is this a software bug? Has anyone else experienced this? I bought the Samsung Galaxy watch and returned it because of this same issue and thought the newer watch would work better but I guess not. Could it be the tattoos on my wrist? Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
correag
First Poster
Options

I have the exactly same issue, anyone have a solution for this?

0 Likes
Rift
First Poster
Options

I wish this was a more concrete answer for you, but possibly a key.  I have run into a similar problem when wearing the watch over clothes. 

I use the watch for running, and when it is cold out, I wear long sleeves and like to put the watch over the sleeve to view my stats.  Unfortunately, the watch then thinks I don't have it on my wrist and goes into lock mode after a few seconds--very aggrevating since trying to unlock with a PIN while jogging is not practical.  Once I put the watch back on my bare skin, it functions just fine.

I therefore wonder if the watch may be using the pulse light on the bottom to verify that it is being worn. *shrug*  This might explain the interference from your tattoos being an issue.   But it seems like if that were the case, you could easily test by trying to monitor your heart rate and see if the watch does it properly.  If not, this may be the likely culprit.   if it does work, then I'm less sure.

Regardless, I would like to know as well if this is somehow a feature that can be removed.  I have not yet tried to wear the watch without a security lock (possibly a work around) because my email won't allow it. *sigh*  Good luck! 

Matty3
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue on my Gear Sport. The "Watch Always On" feature did not work, despite the setting being on.

I found cleaning/adjusting the sensor cover fixed the same issue on mine. My watch is quite old and the glue that holds the sensor cover on, shifted slightly and was covering the green light and HR sensor. 

Try measuring your Heart Rate with the feature on the watch, and it should fail and pop up with potential reasons why (mine did anyway).

Hope any of this info helps :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Stretch2m
First Poster
Options
It seems to me that the watch stops recognising the wrist when the watch is cold. Once the sensor gets closer to body temperature, it seems happy.

Does this fit with what others have seen?
0 Likes