Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 4G

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 09:25 PM)
Sigma501
Apprentice
Options

I purchased the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE after recovering from a Heart Attack and wanted the reltive reassurance of ECG and Fall Detection. It complements my Note 10+ and looks good on the wrist. However, the watch consistently overheats when being used for exercise, resulting in an automatic shut-down of the watch and loss of your running / exericise data.

I have returned the watch to Samsung on 3 seperate occasions for repair and yet the problem still exists. There are in excess of 70 pages of similar complaints on the Samsung User Forums, yet Samsung refuse to accept that there is an issue.

Having had the watch for 11 months, in which it has spent a month in various states of repair and still overheating, not to mention that the much fanfared ECG and Fall Protection has still not appeared mean that I have reached the end of my tether with Samsung.

Have discussed with Customer Solutions (who have no solutions and should seriously change their Job Title) I am considering giving up on the sorry Samsung experience.  Has anybody else had similar issues?

2 REPLIES 2
McPlot
Student
Options

I have had the watch for 5 days now and I keep running into the same problems everyone else is having.  One person said that the issue seems to be when the watch is not connected to the phone and the 4g signal is low. The watch tries to boost the signal which overheats and drains the battery. While that makes perfect sense,  I have had the overheating happen when I was within a 500ft of the cell tower and had full bars. I could see the cell tower and it was one operated by the cell carrier I have. 

I am returning the watch tomorrow. 

0 Likes
Jan16
First Poster
Options
Certainly have. My watch active 2 overheated and won't stay on . It burnt me too. I had 6 super long calls to samsung and having read all your comments re repair here refused repair. They eventually offered me15% off a new watch and that I could have trade in at the lower price £53. I told the escalated complaints team that I was concerned trade in team wouldn't accept it S the watch won't stay on. I was assured the trade in was agreed.
And even told the call was recorded. New watch arrived today but I couldn't wipe my overheated watch as it won't stay on so contacted support again to ask how to wipe it. Long conversations. Upshot trade in say they won't take such a watch and if I send it back they will charge me back the trade in given on my credit card. I'm escalating cae yet again. Samsung has lost my trust and I've bought 5 phones from them . What recourse do we have?
0 Likes