Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 6 Wifi problems

(Topic created on: 20-01-2024 07:06 PM)
therealkelemvor
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new z fold 5 and watch 6.  I'm having some minor trouble with the watch. Auto updates aren't working.  When I do a manually update, the watch tells me to enable wifi for faster downloading.  Then I could scroll down to the next app and do an update manually to it, where I'll get the same error popup about wifi.

My router shows the watch connected.  The watch network performance is significantly faster when I have wifi enabled vs using cellular, so I'm pretty confident wifi is working. Except for testing it to be sure I'm really connected, I've been connected to my wifi ever since I took the thing out of the box and set it up.  The watch also has a cellular connection which should be just fine for updating apps or OS updates.

Is this some kind of a bug in the watch 6?  Is there a way to enable updates on the thing?  It's pretty frustrating when I actually try and run some watch app and the app tells me I have to manually run an update before I can use that app.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
VictoriousVIC
First Poster
Options

S24 Ultra/G6 here - my watch keeps suggesting things would go faster if I were on the wifi network, but I'm connected to the wifi network. 

2 weeks later are you still having problems?

0 Likes