Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 5 Pro - when using google wallet (updated) it doesnt recognise my already set up card in my phone's google wallet

(Topic created on: 21-09-2022 06:08 PM)
Tonyb1973
Apprentice
Options

NOTE - PIXEL 6

When i use the app on my watch it's a square with a + that points me to open my phone.  That takes me to Google Wallet and asks me to set up a credit card.  'add a payment method'.

I have already got my card set up in my google wallet but it wont go that screen for me to select it.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Are you sure you're signed into the same Google account that has the card attached? What happens when you try to add the same card again?

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

I had raised this with Google Support. See response below. However, when i reset my watch and tried to add cards, this time it showed me the available cards on the phone app. I still had to revalidate and accept conditions again, but hey some progress :winking-face:

Screenshot_20220921-173715_Gmail.jpg

Tonyb1973
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I only have the one 

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

They are two different devices and you need to enter the cards in both devices. Cards details are not shared among devices. If you reset your phone you will need to enter the card details again. At least, that is the behaviour I get on my S22 Ultra and Watch 5 Pro LTE.

0 Likes
Tonyb1973
Apprentice
Options
  • Tried resetting the watch and still get the screen shot attached Screenshot_20220921-190344.png

0 Likes
Tonyb1973
Apprentice
Options

But when I try to add the card it opens on the phone

Screenshot_20220921-190344.png

0 Likes
Solution
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Yes, that is normal behaviour. It will use the phone to interface with the application on the watch.

Whenever, I want to add a new card the phone opens the interface on the phone but the card will be added to the watch only. Any new card will need to be added to the phone as well. They are two different wallets and they do not share cards details.

Neo001
Legend
Options

When you click on continue, does it show/suggest the existing card?

0 Likes
Tonyb1973
Apprentice
Options

Thank you I get what you are saying...you set up a card on yr watch and yr phone.  I thought it would linked it accross.  Thanks for your help