Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4: Where have all the widgets gone?

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 02:01 PM)
PatrickG0117
Apprentice
Options

Just received the Galaxy Watch 4 and am loving functionality but am disappointed that most of the widgets I used on my Galaxy Watch 2 are gone.  the ones I used to use daily are calendar, elevation/barometer, and a host of 3rd party ones.  I'm assuming it's because of the move to Wear OS vs Tizen.  Is Wear OS going to catch up to where Tizen was in relation to widgets and watch faces?  I really miss the widgets I used on a daily basis.  And the selection of watch faces are not good (compared to the Tizen OS watch faces).  It almost feels like I stepped backward rather than moving forward.  I know this is all software related so I'm hoping there will be continuing updates.  Samsung, what's the verdict?  Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Oberbula
Student
Options

Since there is no Barometer app yet, no widget. A pity 🙄

0 Likes
FXSAM
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I tried to find the elevation/barometer widget and nothing !! It is very important for me to have this widget. I don't understand why it is not visible. Please Samsung help us. I hope with the new release we will have this important widget again on Wtach 4 !

0 Likes
Oberbula
Student
Options

First we need a barometer elevation app. No app is installed and even third party apps won t help here.

0 Likes
PatrickG0117
Apprentice
Options

Wait,  what?  I didn't even notice there isn't a Altitude/ barometer app as I only used the widget.  I wonder why Samsung removed it.  Are the sensors gone as well?  So basically I took a major step backwards upgrading from the series 2 to the series 4. I'm glad I didn't get rid of the series 2 just yet.  I may have to return the series 4 and wait for a better version...

0 Likes
PatrickG0117
Apprentice
Options

Ok, just read that the sensors are so there so it seems like a software issue only.  I'm ok with that since it's relatively new (Wear OS 3). I'm sure updates will continue to improve the functionality as long as Samsung & Google play nicely together.  So I will keep the watch 4 Classic and sell the 2 Active.

0 Likes
FXSAM
Apprentice
Options

Yes of course the sensor is present but I don't understand why this important widget miss for the launch. misunderstandings are generated because of this.

0 Likes
Sean007
Student
Options
It's now in the compass app.
0 Likes
Oberbula
Student
Options

Yes i found something there. But why the hell do you need location access to display the height? Sounds to me like the watch is just picking the location and requests the information of a database. Correct me if i am wrong.

0 Likes
MrSwede
Student
Options

I really miss spotify as a widget. So much easier to rotate bezel to widgets then scroll and locate apps in the app screen. 

0 Likes