Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 sudden battery drain

(Topic created on: 23-10-2021 05:23 PM)
mark770
Navigator
Options
Wearables
Since yesterday my watch 4 has suddenly developed mega battery drain for no apparent reason. Fully charged at 11pm last night and down to 15% by 10am today with no change to any settings. Fully charged it again until approx 2pm and in 3hrs the battery has drained by almost 50%. This is significant and is going to pose huge problems being able to wear the watch for even a working day
#battery #galaxywatch4
39 REPLIES 39
Fiona26
Hotshot
Options
Wearables
Have you rebooted the watch? If not see if that sorts the battery drain.
mark770
Navigator
Options
Wearables
It's been rebooted twice now as a result🤣
Fiona26
Hotshot
Options
Wearables
https://youtu.be/3mvRvEsAPpE
It's worth clearing the cache to see if that helps the issue. Saves the hassle of reset.
mark770
Navigator
Options
Wearables
This looks like a Brill tip thanks🙏. Going to give this a go as think this used to be a feature on older models but couldn't see where to clear the cache in more recent models. Thanks so much for the help
Members_iG1SX2D
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I am having the same problem since yesterday. Yesterday, my Watch 4 classic 46 mm died after 12 hours of extremely light usage. Today was better until I talked with LTE. I lost 22 % in 20 minutes of talking. Since then I am losing 1% of battery every 5 minutes. All apps are closed, I rebooted many times and I have it resting on the table with everything turned off. For reference, in 30 minutes (measured every 5 min) it went from 37% to 32%. So we are talking about losing 10% per hour! And i cannot make it stop. Unacceptable. It's one week old and I already hate the battery...

mark770
Navigator
Options
Wearables
Watched mine this evening and worked out I should get around 6.5 hrs on full charge 🤬. Though the wearable app is showing around 10% drop an hour. Either way something has happened that isn't good.
0 Likes
mark770
Navigator
Options
Wearables
Current performance. Not sure how supposed to use sleep tracking when won't even get me through a night.Screenshot_20211024-000514_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin.jpg
0 Likes
mark770
Navigator
Options
Wearables

Managed to find a solution yet please? Another day of frustration and wearing a watch that can't do much more than actually show the time. Certain amount of irony to that statement admittedly 🤣

0 Likes
mark770
Navigator
Options
Wearables

Had literally zero improvement today after clearing the cache last night. Really can't be chewed with a factory reset but at this point I can't see any alternative. Really fuming with a device that is 2 month old.