Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 sudden battery drain

(Topic created on: 24-10-2021 12:06 AM)
mark770
Voyager
Options
Since yesterday my watch 4 has suddenly developed mega battery drain for no apparent reason. Fully charged at 11pm last night and down to 15% by 10am today with no change to any settings. Fully charged it again until approx 2pm and in 3hrs the battery has drained by almost 50%. This is significant and is going to pose huge problems being able to wear the watch for even a working day
#battery #galaxywatch4
100 REPLIES 100
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you rebooted the watch? If not see if that sorts the battery drain.
mark770
Voyager
Options
It's been rebooted twice now as a result🤣
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
https://youtu.be/3mvRvEsAPpE
It's worth clearing the cache to see if that helps the issue. Saves the hassle of reset.
mark770
Voyager
Options
This looks like a Brill tip thanks🙏. Going to give this a go as think this used to be a feature on older models but couldn't see where to clear the cache in more recent models. Thanks so much for the help
Members_iG1SX2D
Student
Options

I am having the same problem since yesterday. Yesterday, my Watch 4 classic 46 mm died after 12 hours of extremely light usage. Today was better until I talked with LTE. I lost 22 % in 20 minutes of talking. Since then I am losing 1% of battery every 5 minutes. All apps are closed, I rebooted many times and I have it resting on the table with everything turned off. For reference, in 30 minutes (measured every 5 min) it went from 37% to 32%. So we are talking about losing 10% per hour! And i cannot make it stop. Unacceptable. It's one week old and I already hate the battery...

mark770
Voyager
Options
Watched mine this evening and worked out I should get around 6.5 hrs on full charge 🤬. Though the wearable app is showing around 10% drop an hour. Either way something has happened that isn't good.
mark770
Voyager
Options
Current performance. Not sure how supposed to use sleep tracking when won't even get me through a night.Screenshot_20211024-000514_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin.jpg
mark770
Voyager
Options

Managed to find a solution yet please? Another day of frustration and wearing a watch that can't do much more than actually show the time. Certain amount of irony to that statement admittedly 🤣

0 Likes
mark770
Voyager
Options

Had literally zero improvement today after clearing the cache last night. Really can't be chewed with a factory reset but at this point I can't see any alternative. Really fuming with a device that is 2 month old.