Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch 4: pause swimming in pool with buttons

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 07:15 PM)
alex271
Journeyman
Options

hi, 

just tried my new #galaxy watch 4 in the pool but now the buttons don't work to pause the workout. one needs to first stop the water lock before you can pause the workout / swim which of course takes way too long / does not make any sense. with the active watch 2 you could pause the swim also in water lock mode.

any idea how to solve this? did the pms seriously not think about that?

thx!

alex

22 REPLIES 22
alex271
Journeyman
Options

super, thank you! curious to hear more soon then.. :winking-face:

EmmaL24
First Poster
Options
Is there anything new to report on this? I've had my watch 6 weeks now and still have to disable water lock mode to stop my workout which adds unnecessary time. I then have to put water lock mode back on again to shower before I go back to the locker room which is crazy.
Also when I stop swimming the green time shows up which shows how long my actual swim was (I guess it pauses if I have to adjust goggles or wait for someone to overtake etc) but the time on the workout screen is different showing overall workout time (which is what is made longer with the water lock mode having to be turned off) where does this green time register? Because its not on the Samsung health app that I can see?
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

The developers have advised that they've resolved this one in a software update that'll be coming soon.

They've also advised that if you notice the same issue after that update to report it  via the Samsung Members app, attaching log files, and info about if the model in question is a Watch4 or Watch4 Classic (i.e. if it's got a software "bezel" or hardware bezel).

0 Likes
Mikeality
Journeyman
Options

I gave up, got a garmin forerunner 745 instead. For sports tracking its in a different league. I think we're going to have to wait a few more editions of galaxy watch for it to have decent sports and activity tracking (or at least swimming)

Blaz3Blu3
Student
Options
I have had 2 updates in the last week. Issue is still not resolved. Very frustrating as loads of time is added on to final length of swim. Galaxy watch 4
alex271
Journeyman
Options

indeed, several updates - still same result. also tried watch in the meantime for outdoor swimming and it does not pick up gps signal at all. 

@AntS any idea when the update fixing the issue will be pushed out?

0 Likes
EmmaL24
First Poster
Options
Hi Ant,

Unfortunately several updates later and the issue has not been resolved. I have got the Watch4 with the software bezel.

Please could you clarify when this will be rectified? I'm sure you can appreciate when swimming is my only form of cardio exercise, the watch is proving pretty useless at the moment.
0 Likes
Blaz3Blu3
Student
Options
Had a new update since my last post. I can now pause swim using the back button with water lock on in swimming mode. Galaxy watch 4
Jon44
Journeyman
Options

Does the display still "dim out" after a minute (even with global "Always On Display" turned on)?

0 Likes
EmmaL24
First Poster
Options
Hi Ant is there any further update on this? As you can appreciate you said months ago that a fix had been identified and it is still not working correctly. Every time we use the watch for one of its recommended purposes (swimming) we risk water ingress as it has to have the water lock mode disabled to stop recording the workout and I am still in the water when I have to do this. I then have to stop my workout and then quickly enable water lock mode again so it doesn't get damaged.
If I end up with more problems with a Samsung watch I will be hugely unhappy as this is already a replacement for my Galaxy watch active 2 which randomly broke and was irreparable. (That was a whole other 3 month long Samsung saga)
Please update us. Thank you.
0 Likes