Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Notifications - Showing Clock Over Notification

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 03:28 PM)
lschoen
Journeyman
Options

9/14/21 Update: after reviewing the feedback of many others, intermittently blurring the screen is clearly an intentional software function that has existed since the GW3 (but curiously, not on the GWA2). I am hoping the following feature request makes it to Samsung: please remove this feature and allow us to protect our own privacy through use of a combination of existing features: AOD, lift to wake, wake on notification, and individual notification control. Comment below if you agree. Thank you!

Original post:

Hi all,

Received my GW4 last week and have been using it every day. Curious issue: sometimes (but not every time) when a notification is received, I look at the watch and it quickly blurs the notification and displays a generic, digital clock over the top. I have to hit a button to go back to the notification. There doesn't seem to be any discernible pattern to when this happens-- happens in any app, any time; even happens for one Whatsapp message, then not for another message immediately following. I even tried a factory reset and am still seeing the issue. Anyone else seeing this?

Settings: screen always on-YES, wake for notification-YES, lift to wake-NO, screen timeout-30.

115 REPLIES 115
mbinder
Student
Options

A bad feature got worse with the latest update: Now I get the blurred background and digital watch, but it's not centered

Screenshot_20220921_202239_watch.png

Steve1313
First Poster
Options

Yet another plea to be able to at least adjust this "feature" Please Samsung, listen to your customers.

0 Likes
leom7602
First Poster
Options

This is stopping me from using QR codes to collect parcels at my post office. The reader is vertical and requires me tilting my wrist 90 degrees to display the code. If AOD is on I get this stupid screen saver. If AOD is off, my screen goes blank. Please fix

0 Likes
Members_Qj5fXDN
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know if this issue also appear on the watch 5 series? 

0 Likes
nitram777
Journeyman
Options

Yep, it does 😞

0 Likes
Members_Qj5fXDN
Journeyman
Options

Thats crazy. Well thanks, then i know i wont buy one. 

0 Likes
Voty
First Poster
Options

I hate this stupid feature.I always check my notification and it get blurry and cant see anything.
Samsung PLEASE remove this stupid feature.

SnowmanCD5
Student
Options

That is simply heartbreaking. I support Samsung in everything but I cannot buy another one of these watches until they fix this

spartanhooah
Student
Options

Chalk me up as another user disappointed by this feature. There really should be a way to customize this behavior.

0 Likes
Members_c4UPfrD
Student
Options

Driving me crazy as well. Samsung should implement the option to disabled this 'Clock screensaver'. Even the current implementation (for protecting privacy) is bad; it blocks most messages I receive and cant read them without interacting with the screen. like wt....

0 Likes