Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 - Notifications are automatically being opened on my watch when I gesture my wrist to look at the notification

(Topic created on: 21-09-2021 05:45 PM)
Scooter89
Pioneer
Options

Notifications are automatically being opened on my watch when gesture my wrist to look at said notification. I previously remember there being an option to turn this off but on the new watch I cannot seem to do that. Any insiders any idea of this option is going to be added with a patch? It's VERY annoying!!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
On your watch go settings, notifications and scroll down to advanced settings and there's an option to turn it on or off. Third one in advanced settings.
Scooter89
Pioneer
Options
Nope, that's for "turn on screen" when receiving a notification. I already have that off.

0 Likes
StefanoF
Pioneer
Options

Confirm. Same for me. Maybe different internationalizations (mine is Italian)?

0 Likes
hellaSwankky
First Poster
Options

here's how you get your watch to stop auto opening the app when you rec'v notifications.

on your phone, go to:

Samsung Wearables app→ [select your watch→] watch notifications→ all notification settings→ auto open apps on phone toggle off.

if this solution isn't for the issue OP is describing, my apologies; it's the issue i was having + this was the post that came up most often when i googled said issue.

came back to leave a clear solution in case others had the issue + were being shown this post but no solution.

hope this helps! if not, hope you resolve your issue soon. :0)

0 Likes