Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 lte model - overheating when on calls on LTE

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 06:40 AM)
carl123
Explorer
Options

I picked up my watch from o2, took out the data deal set it all up, when I leave my phone at home and a call comes through I answer talk for a few seconds then get a overheating message it shuts my call of  and puts flight mode on, does exactly the same if I try to make a outgoing call, I'm at a total loss as of what to do, I've tried restarting it then resetting it but still the problem persists, I've checked to see if there is any updates for the watch but there is nothing.

46 REPLIES 46
AgeofDarkness
Journeyman
Options
Hi buddy , mine does not do this. I would return it for a replacement
snaef999
Student
Options

I had this exact same issue today while trying to setup NumberSync with AT&T.  Every time I tried to use LTE only (no WiFi or Bluetooth) the watch would overheat and go into flight mode.  I did use it successfully for a few very short calls after this, but I am concerned about this going forward.  I'm going to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth for the entire day tomorrow and see how things go.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @carl123 

First I'd try…

1. Soft reboot by turning your watch Off and On. 

2. A reset of the watch

If this did not cure the issue and there are no available software updates to complete then I'd concur with @AgeofDarkness to consider returning the watch under any relevant Cooling Off Period to have it swapped out.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Mine does this too. Watch 4 classic 46mm. Can take/make an LTE call for about 2 mins before it overheats. Never had this problem on tickwatch, so this came as complete shock. I find you have a few more minutes to make a call on 3g only, but this is not good enough. Right now I am planning on returning the watch within the 30 day period. So disappointed.
jeffybaconarms
Pioneer
Options
I've ordered from o2 did your serial number work for the Google credit both mine and my wife's had been used before I got the watches yesterday
Aerz
Journeyman
Options
Same issue, overheats within a couple of minutes of being out of BT range of phone. Not happy
Members_6UwzJoy
Journeyman
Options

Same problem, returning for replacement as I'm within the 14 days period (in France). I hope the new one will be ok!

GalaxyKnight
First Poster
Options

Mine does this too. I am in the US and have the LTE 46mm watch 4 classic. Whenever I make a call it overheats, dims and goes into airplane mode until it cools. It usually happens  within 2 minutes of the call.

Dail
First Poster
Options
Hi my new watch 4  classic LTE is overheating and switching to aeroplane mode shortly after connecting to a call. Iv heard via a contact in a repair center there are others with the same issue. Hopefully Samsung remedies this quickly.