Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 heart rate not tracking properly

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 10:59 PM)
rkam
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, am hoping someone could help as Sumsung customer support aren't interested in helping me. My Galaxy watch 4 classic has the HR measurement turned on to continuous monitoring but it is not updating continuously. Sometimes it just stops measuring and gets stuck at same HR value (even if I'm not exercising). Tried a updates, factory resets and sent it off 3 times to the service centre but still not fixed. Is there anything I need to do to fix the issue ?

37 REPLIES 37
Members_CyzGfpb
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I've been using GW 4 for 10 days. For the first few days continuous heart rate monitor worked ok but not since then. It seems to function well when I am in rest but when I start to move, leave aside a hard training but even during just a simple walk, it stops measuring. It is very sad that there seems to be no solution. If it was another product I bought from a local company I could return it but a big global company like Samsung keeps its silence. It's a shame.

0 Likes
GMoney
Apprentice
Options

The heart rate on mine jumps randomly to 140bpm then stays there unless I take the watch off and reset it. Very annoying.

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone know a solution? I have the same Problem and it's really annoying. My software is up to date and I'm wearing the watch correct.

0 Likes
Benji96
Voyager
Options

There isn't any, and apparently, plenty of Watch5 even have that. I assume that it's purely a firmware issue, so we'll have to wait and hope that they'll fix it one day. I bought mine in early December last year, have done seven or so system updates and the issue never got mitigated. Now, it's at the repair center for the second time (because, you know, the first time they've just factory reset the watch) and since even replacing the sensor unit doesn't help (based on user reports on the Samsung Community), I'm not that hopeful. So we'll have to wait for an update, there's nothing we can do.

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

Ok, do you know if is this a general problem for every GW 4 or only for some? I think i can send mine back and order a new one if it might work then.

0 Likes
Benji96
Voyager
Options

From what I have heard, it's by far not every Galaxy Watch4. Judging reviews, this doesn't always seem to be the case, so you may be in luck by ordering a new Watch4 (or even Watch5). If it would affect every watch, Samsung would have retracted the product already.

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

Today I called the Samsung support and they told me that there will be an update soon which should fix the issue. Let's hope that this is true.

Benji96
Voyager
Options

I hope so, too. What was the exact error description that you gave them? Because with the current update on both the Watch4 and the Watch5, they also have an already known issue that the heart rate during a workout freezes between 90 and 110bpm. I rather think that they assume that you've meant that issue, because they've announced an update for this behaviour. The issue that the continuous heart rate monitoring is actually not continuous, is unknown to them if you tell them about it, and the service centers don't even seem to address it, claiming that the watch has passed all the tests successfully and that the error couldn't be reproduced.

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

I told them exactly the issue that is described in this thread. I also had an live chat with the support in which I described the exact problem and this is part of the answer I got: "In general, the sensor seems to be working.  Please wait for the next update.  It should patch the continuos heart rate Monitoring." It really seemed like they got it. 

Benji96
Voyager
Options

Thanks for the reply!

I really hope so, but it does appear as though they finally got the message. Let's wait for the next few updates and hope that they do fix it. I do agree with their answer - it can't be the hardware.

0 Likes