Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 Classic keeps switching to 'Stand alone' mode

(Topic created on: 21-12-2022 12:03 AM)
Matthew-Long
Explorer
Options
So I have upgraded from a Galaxy watch 3 LTE on EE in the UK, that ran on Tizen.

With this watch, as long as I was signed into my Samsung account on my watch and my phone, if I left my phone switched on at home and just had my watch, I would get my phone notifications pushed to my watch 95% of the time when I was in good 4G areas.

But my Galaxy watch 4 Classic LTE watch on EE, running on Google Wear is no where near as reliable. I would say most of the time, my watch is showing the phone symbol at the top, with a line through it, and my phone is stuck in 'Stand Alone' mode. I have great 4G signal. I can make and receive calls from watch, and use the data for downloading apps / Internet etc. But I can go hours without any phone notifications being pushed through. Other times, it works perfectly. There's no consistency. 

It's like my phone is going into power save mode temporarily. I have even left my phone charging all day, with all powersave options turned off. 

I believe the Watch 4 uses Google cloud based 'sync' - is it just a case that it's very unreliable? 
I bought the LTE watch mainly so I could leave my phone at home and still get my notifications, but I can't rely on it, only for phone calls. 

Just to add, watch works perfectly fine on Bluetooth, with no disconnections ever. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, make sure to go into the watches settings & select the notifications option then app notifications, it will give you an option to open it on your phone, then scroll down to show phone notifications on watch & toggle on.
0 Likes