Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 07:48 PM)
NeonSparks
Explorer
Options

So I just got the galaxy watch 4 classic and I cannot connect to any of my Sony Bluetooth headphones.... I can connect to some cheap headphones I have but not the Sony ones...... Already regretting buying another Samsung product......

35 REPLIES 35
punit1995
Journeyman
Options

After the song ends! 

SeanHu
Journeyman
Options

That suggests to me that it's a software problem, not a connection problem. (some people on Reddit suggests to wear Watch 4 on the right wrist; I don't think that would solve this problem)

punit1995
Journeyman
Options

I would also think it's a software problem that it's jamming the earpiece after 2 songs. The earpiece work fine when i connect it to my S21 Ultra and bring it for a run. But only jams when its connected to the watch. @Samsung any fix for this issue? It sucks having offline playback but being unable to utilise it. I wonder if its the same issue for Samsung's own earbuds?

SeanHu
Journeyman
Options

@Samsung, any solution to the problem we described?

chosenek
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my Huawei am61. Sometimes it takes 1 song, sometimes 10 songs, but eventually the bluetooth connection drops and the only way to re-establish it is to reset my headphones with a charging cable.

I have tested this headphones on serveral other devices, including Samsung phones, and never had this problem. I think it must be problem with the watch itself.

Its really annoying, when you plan to run for an hour and after 5 minutes the headphones are not working anymore.

I have my second headphones - JBL from Sonny, which as I can see from other replies it has the same issue - no too many options for me.

And yes I can confirm that it happens EXACTLY when the song ends and a new one should start playing. I am using Youtube Music app. Not sure if its the case also with manually downloaded songs.  I can hear the song diretly from the watches, but the headphones never connects again (until the reset with charging cable)

SeanHu
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for sharing. We have the same issue. Because I was so annoyed by this, I bought Galaxy Buds + (it's about $65, with students discount and trading in my Anker earbuds). The problem disappears. So the watch works well with Samsung earbuds (BTW, I also use Youtube Music)... 

0 Likes
SeanHu
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone tried paring the watch with Bose Tempo frame? Does the connection get dropped there?

0 Likes
punit1995
Journeyman
Options

Samsung subconsticously making us switch to their own earbuds by ***** up the connection to third party earbuds. Well played Samsung. Well played.

arew
Journeyman
Options

I've got the Watch4 non-classic. With an OT-ADAPT bluetooth adapter that worked just fine with my old Galaxy Watch 46 mm, I get stuttering on the Watch 4. So I tried buying a SBH24 Sony bluetooth adapter. This doesn't stutter, but it stops playing audio after a minute or two. These issues happen no matter which app I am using. Seems they have bugs in their bluetooth audio stack. Hugely annoying!

amorosobruno
First Poster
Options

I've been experiencing the same problem that others described. I connect my JBL 350bt to the watch and after 1 song on more it just jams the headphone. The watch still connected and playing the music and the headphone still connected but without audio output.

To get the output again I need to turn off the headphone, reset to the factory settings and then reconnect to the watch. Even after that it can just jam after the first song ends.