Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 3 Texts with phone off

(Topic created on: 15-11-2020 12:20 PM)
paulH200
Apprentice
Options
I recently made the mistake of switching from a Iphone to a Note 20 Ultra and Galaxy watch 3. My phone was flat tge other day and so i popped out to the shops with just my watch (LTE VERSION). When i came home and charged my phone i found i had missed a few important messages. I spoke to my network about settings and they told me i can only receive texts if the phone is on ?  Can anyone confirm this as i am on the verge of sending the phone back if that is the case.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Marly2709
Student
Options
That's a lie! The watch can work in a number of states: - paired to phone via Bluetooth, remote connection via WiFi, Remote via LTE, Standalone via LTE- This is the mode that you are referring to that will work when the phone is off or in airplane mode. its also something the network providers struggle with. Something as simple as a firmware update can knock this setting out of whack. It's also something you will need to call your provider to resolve every time and some will be more clued up than others. Also have the same issue with the Apple watch.
0 Likes
paulH200
Apprentice
Options
well it looks like i am returning the Ultra and watch 3. Still no texts when the phone is off. Fed with Samsung nothing but problems. Going back to a Iphone.
0 Likes
Marly2709
Student
Options
I can understand that! I've got 2 Galaxy Watches one rose gold on 46mm Silver. The rose gold one works a charm. can send texts when the phone is off no problem, but on the Silver, I've been trying to get it to work for 11 months. Even though both watches are with the same provider on the same account, they still can't figure it out. I called @Samsung twice today and one person confirmed that you could and the other said that you couldn't.
But let me be clear, I own a Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm that DOES send and recieve text messages when the phone is turned off or in airplane mode.
0 Likes
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
If you phone is off then there is no communication with your watch. That's just logic. Unless you had a Sim in your watch then you are expecting the impossible.
You can't turn the volume up on you tv via remote if the TV is off 😂
0 Likes
Will Bambi
First Poster
Options

This reply is so cringe.  OP is using the LTE version. 

0 Likes